Any Home Bakers Here?

We had our own baking day today. My DD made Onion Poppyseed Bagels. They turned out perfect!

Put Parmesan cheese on top of 3 of them and I wish we had done them all. Oh well, next time.
droolin.gif

Today I'm attempting to make the Alaskan sourdough bread and the dough is now set to rise
fl.gif
In the meantime I made some buttery sourdough buns using the King Arthur recipe and they have turned out good my 3 year old who doesn't really care for bread is about to finish a whole bun and she could not wait for them to cool down.

We had our own baking day today. My DD made Onion Poppyseed Bagels. They turned out perfect!

Put Parmesan cheese on top of 3 of them and I wish we had done them all. Oh well, next time.

Oh Boy! Both of you have given me midnight-snackitis!
Sourdough and Bagels what a great combo!

Oh Boy! Both of you have given me midnight-snackitis!
Sourdough and Bagels what a great combo!

Yeah, snackitis here too...trouble is they are in MY kitchen and I should NOT be eating them now!
My DD is turning into quite the baker. I'm so glad she loves it. We have had zero store bought bread for a whole month now! Today when we were making the bagels I told her that donuts were made similarly only that donuts were dropped into hot oil instead of boiling water like bagels. Guess what she wants to make next?

Good looking bagels!

Yeah, snackitis here too...trouble is they are in MY kitchen and I should NOT be eating them now!
My DD is turning into quite the baker. I'm so glad she loves it. We have had zero store bought bread for a whole month now! Today when we were making the bagels I told her that donuts were made similarly only that donuts were dropped into hot oil instead of boiling water like bagels. Guess what she wants to make next?

Sounds good!
I remember making donuts when I was young with Mom
smile.png

91.gif
They look wonderful. Since it's a rainy day here I thought I'd make some onion bagels.

I have tried all different flours in making my sourdough bread. I've kneaded it, stretched and folded and several other things. It rises nicely and the taste is good but it is still too dense. My best one was made with bread flour. I was going to try again today but am out of bread flour.

I have tried all different flours in making my sourdough bread. I've kneaded it, stretched and folded and several other things. It rises nicely and the taste is good but it is still too dense. My best one was made with bread flour. I was going to try again today but am out of bread flour.
Get some vital gluten.

Back
Top Bottom