Any Home Bakers Here?

I've read coconut oil mentioned several times here. I use it myself but where I use it the most is in my "famous" granola recipe. It's famous as far as my friends go because they always beg me to make jumbo batches and then share it with them. (Back to my commercial ovens, I can make the recipe x10 really fast!) I'm going to share it here. It's SO good with greek yogurt (how I like to eat it) but also eaten as a cereal or just as a snack out of a ziploc baggie. It's very versatile as far as what you put into it. I'm a seed and nut freak so I put tons of those things into it. I also use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats so that my Celiac friend can enjoy it too.

Really, double this recipe...it goes too fast! I'm posting the single recipe below:

Deb's All Gone Granola

2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Sliced Almonds
3.4 cup Pecan Pieces
1/4 cup Salted Sunflower Seeds
3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup (I have used the fake stuff like Mrs. Butterworths before but it's really not as good nor as good for you)
1/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
1/4 tsp. Almond Extract
1 TBSP. Vanilla

Preheat oven to 300 and line a baking sheet with parchment ( or greased foil) Toss the first 6 ingredients together. In another bowl whisk the rest of the ingredients together then pour over the dry batch and toss to evenly coat. Bake for 45 minutes, giving it a stir half way through. It won't be crunchy when it comes out, let it cool completely then break it apart. If you can get it to last that long it generally stays fresh in an airtight container for a month!

I thought I had a picture of this yumminess, but I don't. You can have fun with this. Add different nuts or seeds, use different extracts, whatever! I used coconut extract and added flake coconut to it one time for a tropical version and it was YUM too! (I also added dried mango and pineapple AFTER it was cooked.)

ENJOY!

I've read coconut oil mentioned several times here.  I use it myself but where I use it the most is in my "famous" granola recipe.  It's famous as far as my friends go because they always beg me to make jumbo batches and then share it with them.  (Back to my commercial ovens, I can make the recipe x10 really fast!)  I'm going to share it here.  It's SO good with greek yogurt (how I like to eat it) but also eaten as a cereal or just as a snack out of a ziploc baggie.  It's very versatile as far as what you put into it.  I'm a seed and nut freak so I put tons of those things into it.  I also use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats so that my Celiac friend can enjoy it too.

Really, double this recipe...it goes too fast!  I'm posting the single recipe below:

Deb's All Gone Granola

2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Sliced Almonds
3.4 cup Pecan Pieces
1/4 cup Salted Sunflower Seeds
3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup (I have used the fake stuff like Mrs. Butterworths before but it's really not as good nor as good for you)
1/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
1/4 tsp. Almond Extract
1 TBSP. Vanilla

Preheat oven to 300 and line a baking sheet with parchment ( or greased foil)  Toss the first 6 ingredients together.  In another bowl whisk the rest of the ingredients together then pour over the dry batch and toss to evenly coat. Bake for 45 minutes, giving it a stir half way through.  It won't be crunchy when it comes out, let it cool completely then break it apart.  If you can get it to last that long it generally stays fresh in an airtight container for a month!

I thought I had a picture of this yumminess, but I don't.  You can have fun with this.  Add different nuts or seeds, use different extracts, whatever!  I used coconut extract and added flake coconut to it one time for a tropical version and it was YUM too!  (I also added dried mango and pineapple AFTER it was cooked.)

ENJOY! 

Yumm, my mom makes the best granola recipe, seems pretty similar to yours, I believe she uses honey. I like the coconut oil idea. Whenever we get a batch from my mom, eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is that addicting, it never sticks around. Thanks for posting.

Yumm, my mom makes the best granola recipe, seems pretty similar to yours, I believe she uses honey. I like the coconut oil idea. Whenever we get a batch from my mom, eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is that addicting, it never sticks around. Thanks for posting.
You're welcome! Yes, oh my, SO addicting! Of course now that I've pulled my recipe out I'll have to make a batch. My family will do the happy dance. My oldest daughter likes to eat it with milk kefir.

You're welcome!  Yes, oh my, SO addicting!  Of course now that I've pulled my recipe out I'll have to make a batch.  My family will do the happy dance.  My oldest daughter likes to eat it with milk kefir.

Love it with Greek yogurt and bananas, strawberries, yummy. Just like you said we eat it dry out of the bag as well. Can't go wrong.

We grow blueberries and they do like acid soil. Pine needles and pine bark are good to put around the plants. We have some pine trees so we use pine needles. The enclosed area in the top left of the picture is our blueberries. We have netting over the frame to keep the wild birds from eating the berries. It also keeps the chickens out too. Blueberries have fairly shallow roots that spread out. We pick a lot and freeze them so we have them all year around. I put the berries on a cookie sheet into the freezer and after they have frozen, I vacuum pack them, then I always have blueberries for different recipes. This year is not going to be a great blueberry year. Most year we have a lot that we either sell some or give some to our friends, but this year is an off year. I just bought hubby a big jar. of coconut oil, It was around $15.00 here. It kind of looks like butter. It has to be melted like regular shortening for the oil.

cmom, interesting you saying this was going to be an off year for blueberries. I've been watching my 6 bushes and they aren't looking nearly as promising as last year. I hope the bb farm close by does well this year, looks like I'm going to need to stock up on theirs (if possible).

This time I made a double batch of sourdough blueberry muffins. I could probably eat them all.
91.gif

Back
Top Bottom