Any Home Bakers Here?

I love avacados but I like butter too
big_smile.png

I guess that is where I am now.
The ten pounds have stayed off, but I am aiming for another twenty, and NOTHING has budged.
I am doing an hour a day on the elliptical, I am getting stronger, but I want to be thinner.

And butter. I want butter. on blueberry muffins.

Avocado sounds like a good substitute for butter. I could eat them all day.
It sounds like you are at a plateau--It will change over to more loss.

What happens when you exercise? To your muscles? They get bigger. The percentage of muscle goes up hopefully while the percentage of fat goes down, so you are getting healthier regardless of what the scale says.

Eat healthy food in a balanced diet. That is, eat from all of the food groups but cut some of the calories. It takes time and it seems like nothing is happening but the weight will come off. A good scale that includes a body fat analysis system is not too expensive. Once a week see what the body fat and muscle percentages are and log them. Over time you will see big improvements.

Thanks for this.
My husband says he sees a change in my tone, but I do not.
Thank you for the encouragement, but there might still be a blueberry muffin in my future... When I lose another few pounds it can be my reward!
big_smile.png
Eat the blueberry muffin!

It is better to eat one instead of falling off of the diet and like was posted earlier, making it at home cuts out the bad things from store purchased baked goods.

Quote:

Quote:
Keep in mind when dieting and exercising that Muscle weighs MORE than fat. measuring coupled with the scale is a good idea since if you are not loosing pounds you may still be loosing inches. Keep up the good work and stay positive! The single fastest way to destroy progress in anything is to keep in your mind that because of this thing I cannot have that thing. Turns out if you dont allow a little or find out why you want that other thing in the first place before you know it your off on a bumpy path. Try making the tiny muffins and freeze them that way you have the thaw out time to think if you really want it. I once quit smoking and kept a pack of cigs in the freezer. I knew they were there if I wanted them and since I really didnt I never craved them. Good luck

You all have been cooking up a storm! cant wait to catch up!

I think what really makes your recipe and mine different from DigMyChicks is the use of powdered + granuated sugar vs. granulated only.  I might have to try hers out and see how it makes the cake different.

I'll see if the chickens will cooperate with a few more eggs!

Hi Debby! I need to get on here more often...I get too far behind
1f606.png
There was a huge difference in the recipe I used verses the box. It was very tender, I've never tried another homemade recipe so I can't compare it....maybe I should get on that!!

Someone baked these for me and they were very good, she shared recipe:

Stir N Drop Cookies ( I would call them lemon drop cookies)

2 eggs
2/3 cups Wesson Oil
2 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp grated lemon rind
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups sifted AP flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt.

Heat oven to 400.
Beat eggs with a fork til well blended. Stir in the oil, vanilla and lemon rind.
Blend in sugar til mixture thickens.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. And add to the egg mixture.

Drop by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle each with sugar and pat them down to flatten.
Decorate with pecans, walnuts or chocolate bits ( she used pecans and they were awesome and those left plain were even better)
Bake 8-10 minutes ( in her oven only 7.5 minutes).
Remove immediately from the cookie sheet.

These are more lemony that I would have expected by the recipe.
Definitely a try this recipe IMO and sounds quick and easy.

Back
Top Bottom