Any Home Bakers Here?

Glad to see your initials back! Hope the move went smooth.

Thanks CRF (see, now you have your own initials, lol)! The move went about as smoothly as moves do. I'm not anxious to take another cross-country trip pulling a trailer with my little Kia Soul but overall, we made it just fine.

Thanks CRF (see, now you have your own initials, lol)! The move went about as smoothly as moves do. I'm not anxious to take another cross-country trip pulling a trailer with my little Kia Soul but overall, we made it just fine.
You can send a PM to a moderator to have your username changed. They will do this once for you so make sure it is a name that you will want long term.

happychooks and sumi are moderators.

Last edited:
Ok i am going to bake something maybe two somethings this week
1f611.png
i am determined after all this nonsense i need to let off steam by baking something delisious i leaning towards sourdough bread and chocolate cupcakes. I finally got ten minutes in on my garden they are weeds everywhere
1f633.png
the weeds must die!! We had company last weekend,wendsay and this weekend tomorrow company goes home possibly
1f60d.png
. Joshua got the boots and bar this past friday he fine with the boots on however when the bar is on he gets very mad. So its been a long weekend and we getting ready to move later this year so yeah i need some fun time.

glad he got the boots and not another surgery! i hope you get your peace and quiet if they leave. you need it!

You can send a PM to a moderator to have you username changed. They will do this once for you so make sure it is a name that you will want long term.

happychooks and sumi are moderators.
Nah...I like my name. It says it all! Love hanging out with my feathered babies, they always make me laugh.
Back to NFC; Boy howdy I know the possible OMG's that can happen on a cross country drive hauling a trailer... my hon and I did that trek from El Paso Texas to here, Tampa, Fl. In the summer..
with 2 cats...
and the AC kicking off the last 100 miles...
I shudder with the memory!

@ronott1 Question here about sourdough, I'll be travelling for 7 weeks and will not have someone to feed my starter, how do I store it to ensure doesn't die?
Get some waxed paper or parchment paper and spread a thin layer of starter on it. Let it dry completely and then break it up into pieces. You can then restart from it. The dried starter will last for years in a zip lock bag and is a good thing to have if something happens to your starter(like someone thinking it is "bad" and tossing it on you).

Quote: You can also put a cup of the starter in the freezer.

The starter may be fine stored that long though. It might take several days of feeding but I have revived starter that had been not fed in the fridge for a long time before.

Nah...I like my name. It says it all! Love hanging out with my feathered babies, they always make me laugh.
Back to NFC; Boy howdy I know the possible OMG's that can happen on a cross country drive hauling a trailer... my hon and I did that trek from El Paso Texas to here, Tampa, Fl. In the summer..
with 2 cats...
I was thinking that NFC might want to change her logon because of not living in Florida anymore.

Car trips can be a bear for sure!

with 2 cats...

I can only imagine. When I was 5yo, my parents relocated from Long Island to Auburn, WA because of my dad's job. 7 days in the car with 2 kids under 5. My dad used to tell the story that all we wanted to listen to was the soundtrack from Annie on the 8 track player in constant rotation. Said he was ready to pull his hair out by the time we got there. Then, 10 months later, they packed up and did it again from Seattle to Atlanta.

I love long car trips, but only when it's just me, myself and I.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom