Any Home Bakers Here?

Quote: You can also put a cup of the starter in the freezer.

The starter may be fine stored that long though. It might take several days of feeding but I have revived starter that had been not fed in the fridge for a long time before.

I was going to add the same suggestions. I have kept mine in the fridge without feeding for quite awhile and once I started feeding it again it perked right up. I think drying some is a good Idea too.

I was thinking that NFC might want to change her logon because of not living in Florida anymore.

Car trips can be a bear for sure!

I already made my name change...used to be NorthFLChick. Most people just called me NFC (or on occasion KFC lol) and once we knew we were moving, I just switched to the initials.

eta: Sorry Ron, I just saw the post cmom made regarding my name change. Guess you don't need to hear it twice, lol.

Last edited:
Get some waxed paper or parchment paper and spread a thin layer of starter on it. Let it dry completely and then break it up into pieces. You can then restart from it. The dried starter will last for years in a zip lock bag and is a good thing to have if something happens to your starter(like someone thinking it is "bad" and tossing it on you).

You can also put a cup of the starter in the freezer.

The starter may be fine stored that long though. It might take several days of feeding but I have revived starter that had been not fed in the fridge for a long time before.

Thanks!! Will do both.

Yea...good times...after that trip your dad probably looked like this......

goat.jpg

IMO.K. IMO.K. IMO.K...!

Back
Top Bottom