Any Home Bakers Here?

the thing that confused me was the upc because it looked the same.
The UPC does not change--It is the code that identifies the product, not the lot or manufacture date. The UPC code is for 5# Gold medal AP flour.

UPC stands for Universal Product Code. Any where that size and type of Gold Medal flour is sold or from whatever plant it is made, will have that code.

Last edited:
The UPC does not change--It is the code that identifies the product, not the lot or manufacture date. The UPC code is for 5# Gold medal AP flour.

UPC stands for Universal Product Code. Any where that size and type of Gold Medal flour is sold or from whatever plant it is made, will have that code.

thanks didnt know that!

havent been on here for a while. i just used this flour last night. guess i will find out soon if it had e coli.

so i just found this site http://www.generalmills.com/en/News...ay/flour/61cede4c-0536-4ccb-87f1-01a84e61ba53
and it says for the 5 pound bag ap flour which i bought it says used by dates from may 25 to jun 24 2017 are recalled and the upc for it is 000-16000-10610

my use by date on my bag is july 25 2017 and my upc number is 0 16000 10610 9
is that bad? or am i fine?

the bread i made with the flour it looks good and it tasted good. lets home its not e coli bread
thumbsup.gif
Great job, those are beautiful.

Don't worry about the E. Coli - only danger is in eating the raw batter or dough
sickbyc.gif

havent been on here for a while. i just used this flour last night. guess i will find out soon if it had e coli.

so i just found this site http://www.generalmills.com/en/News...ay/flour/61cede4c-0536-4ccb-87f1-01a84e61ba53
and it says for the 5 pound bag ap flour which i bought it says used by dates from may 25 to jun 24 2017 are recalled and the upc for it is 000-16000-10610

my use by date on my bag is july 25 2017 and my upc number is 0 16000 10610 9
is that bad? or am i fine?

the bread i made with the flour it looks good and it tasted good. lets home its not e coli bread

Beautiful bread!!

That bread is gorgeous!!! Do you braid it like you would hair? I got to bake finally I tried the Devils food cake that listed here. It was yummy I over baked it slightly so the top was a little crunchy not soft like I wanted but still yummy. I am going to be baking bread soon I hope. An I keep thinking about monkey bread it sounds sooooooo good.oh and for those who want to know Joshua is doing great as of next month he only have to wear the boots at night and nap time. I am so excited. I finally feel like it's almost over I been very nervous of him having to have a second surgery.

The UPC will be the same regardless of the Better if Used Dates. The dates is what you have to be concerned about. I wrote before I saw someone had already posted this.
hide.gif
It is always good to have support and confirmation!

Back
Top Bottom