Any Home Bakers Here?

Yeah, I didn't enter, I just looked at the entries, but every thing was poultry themed, so I should have remembered. Lol. I don't have a very good hand at cookie or cake decorating, so I passed on that one.

I'm a home baker. I have a cottage bakery - just started it this year, and I bake sourdough - no commercial yeast in my breads. Yep, sourdough is method. My breads really aren't all that sour, but I do have one that is more sour than the others. These are some of the breads I bake.

I'm a home baker. I have a cottage bakery - just started it this year, and I bake sourdough - no commercial yeast in my breads. Yep, sourdough is method. My breads really aren't all that sour, but I do have one that is more sour than the others. These are some of the breads I bake.

Your bread looks amazing!

Do you have some recipes to share?

Never tried any pies on the stove..have seen recipes for cooking fruit pies in cast iron skillets - but those don't use pastry crusts, more of biscuit dough with fruits on top.

Custard type pies IMO wouldn't turn out well?

Wonder if anyone else has a positive response?
caf.gif
i think i will try to make one and see how it goes. just no sre how i would thicken it so that it comes out like a pumpkin pie texture. i found a recipe that used gelatin but im wondering, wouldnt that just make the pie come out like jello? maybe i should try to put extra egg or maybe corn starch? i think if i made one on the stove i would probably use a gram cracker crust. make the filling and then pour it into the pie.
I've never tried to make a pie on the stove top either. Not sure a crust would turn out well on the stove top...maybe a crustless pie would work?
idunno.gif

If you try it, come back and let us know how it turns out.
i will! hopefully if this pie comes out well i will have this recipe to share and two others! but i wont know until thanksgiving.

Lovely loaves! Thanks for joining us and welcome to BYC!

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom