Any Home Bakers Here?

Ron, Let's Pray the Fires will STOP SOON.

I have been reading the beginning threads and a post was your
Yeast Pancakes. My computer did NOT show the recipe. Would you
post the recipe for me. Debby had a following post of how GRAND
they were. I would like to try them. Do NOT know anyone who makes yeast pancakes. Thanks Aria

I never will understand why people chose to live in a state that is either on fire, having earthquakes, mud sliding into the ocean or doing all of the above at once...

Where I live... We get rain... Sometimes bad wind that will bring down trees, but only sick trees, the healthy ones stay up. Once a neighbors trampoline got about 20 feet up and flew through the neighborhood, but I don't even think that damaged anything but the trampoline. There is a fault line, but it hardly ever does anything, there have been about 3 earthquakes in my life and those were barely able to be felt. Some idiot threw hot ashes into the woods and set the forest on fire, but that only endangered the house that started it and was completely out again in a week or so. Huricanes don't bother us this far inland and we have so many mountains that water doesn't stay in one place long other than Roanoke City and it randomly fills up with water about 4 feet deep every few years even when it's not raining all that hard anywhere else... I think that's just a design flaw and it's only about 6 blocks that flood...

Ron I am so glad your ok. I hope the fires stay far away from you and yours!

I have family still in Long Beach and around Riverside. The fires that were around Anaheim were kind of close to some of my nephews. This is so terrible! I am praying for rain for California!

Ron, Let's Pray the Fires will STOP SOON.

I have been reading the beginning threads and a post was your
Yeast Pancakes. My computer did NOT show the recipe. Would you
post the recipe for me. Debby had a following post of how GRAND
they were. I would like to try them. Do NOT know anyone who makes yeast pancakes. Thanks Aria
Yes I will!
I cooked a waffle from left over batter from Sunday this morning. It was great and even a bit sour

Yeast Pancakes

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 25 Minutes
Submitted By: Dorothy Smith
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 4

"These tender and golden pancakes from Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas are a little thicker than traditional versions, so they make a substantial breakfast. Be sure to make plenty, because the leftovers can be used in the unique recipes that follow."

Ingredients:

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 (.25 ounce) packages quick-rise yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
3 cups warm milk (120 to 130 degrees F)
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Directions:
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add milk(add ¼ more milk if too thick), eggs and butter; beat for 2 minutes. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown.

I never will understand why people chose to live in a state that is either on fire, having earthquakes, mud sliding into the ocean or doing all of the above at once...

Where I live... We get rain... Sometimes bad wind that will bring down trees, but only sick trees, the healthy ones stay up. Once a neighbors trampoline got about 20 feet up and flew through the neighborhood, but I don't even think that damaged anything but the trampoline. There is a fault line, but it hardly ever does anything, there have been about 3 earthquakes in my life and those were barely able to be felt. Some idiot threw hot ashes into the woods and set the forest on fire, but that only endangered the house that started it and was completely out again in a week or so. Huricanes don't bother us this far inland and we have so many mountains that water doesn't stay in one place long other than Roanoke City and it randomly fills up with water about 4 feet deep every few years even when it's not raining all that hard anywhere else... I think that's just a design flaw and it's only about 6 blocks that flood...
I did feel an earthquake once. Where I live, there are no active faults. I am far enough from Lake Shasta that the surge down the river would not be too bad.

We did live near a minute man silo up in Red Bluff though. That was supposed to be a target if there was nuclear war. I do wonder about people that live on hills too that can slide too. A second cousin of mine had a house like that in San Rafael. It was a cool place but I would not want to live there.

Weather is a big concern for me though. I am very tired of the heat and fires here. California also has the second worst cos of living too. I do not think it will get better

I have been through like two earthquakes, five tornado's before we moved here to Washington so lived 14 or so years Juneau rain capitol USA yes Alaska is a state bought it from Russia Seward's Folly look it up :gig

I have been through like two earthquakes, five tornado's before we moved here to Washington so lived 14 or so years Juneau rain capitol USA yes Alaska is a state bought it from Russia Seward's Folly look it up :gig
Alaskan lives in a Folly state? A Stare of Folly?

cute-blue-bird-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Back
Top Bottom