Any Home Bakers Here?

728A7ACE-F79B-4C9D-8DC2-44424D0397DB.jpeg
One of my favourite treats to bake is Millionaires Shortbread! On placement last year a coworker used to bring some in every couple of weeks and despite me asking so many times, she wouldn’t give me the recipe so, I know it’s cheating but I got the recipe from the BBC website and mine looked a whole lot better than theirs because I added gold dust! Here’s the recipe anyway:
  • For the shortbread:
  • 250g plain flour
  • 75g caster sugar
  • 175g butter, softened
  • For the caramel:
  • 100g butter or margarine
  • 100g light muscavado sugar
  • 2 x 397g cans condensed milk
  • For the topping:
  • 200g plain or milk chocolate, broken into pieces
I actually also used 400g of chocolate instead and it works a lot better as you get an equal taste of shortbread, chocolate and caramel then, plus 200g wouldn’t have covered the caramel adequately :)

(Credit goes to BBC food for the recipe)

View attachment 1324512 One of my favourite treats to bake is Millionaires Shortbread! On placement last year a coworker used to bring some in every couple of weeks and despite me asking so many times, she wouldn’t give me the recipe so, I know it’s cheating but I got the recipe from the BBC website and mine looked a whole lot better than theirs because I added gold dust! Here’s the recipe anyway:
  • For the shortbread:
  • 250g plain flour
  • 75g caster sugar
  • 175g butter, softened
  • For the caramel:
  • For the topping:
I actually also used 400g of chocolate instead and it works a lot better as you get an equal taste of shortbread, chocolate and caramel then :)

Wow, those look delicious :drool The gold dust is very pretty!

View attachment 1324512 One of my favourite treats to bake is Millionaires Shortbread! On placement last year a coworker used to bring some in every couple of weeks and despite me asking so many times, she wouldn’t give me the recipe so, I know it’s cheating but I got the recipe from the BBC website and mine looked a whole lot better than theirs because I added gold dust! Here’s the recipe anyway:
  • For the shortbread:
  • 250g plain flour
  • 75g caster sugar
  • 175g butter, softened
  • For the caramel:
  • For the topping:
I actually also used 400g of chocolate instead and it works a lot better as you get an equal taste of shortbread, chocolate and caramel then, plus 200g wouldn’t have covered the caramel adequately :)

thanks for the recipe!

You’re welcome :) sorry if it’s already been shared here once!
It is ok! I do not remember it and yours has a different type of brown sugar than we can easily get here. I can get it from Amazon for $13.00 a pound.

I think I will check at the Indian store here though

It is ok! I do not remember it and yours has a different type of brown sugar than we can easily get here. I can get it from Amazon for $13.00 a pound.

I think I will check at the Indian store here though

That’s not a bad price! You could probably use any brown sugar, if already have some to hand. Just make sure you don’t cook the shortbread for too long like I did the first time I made it:lau :hmm

Back
Top Bottom