Any Home Bakers Here?

Ron, It's that starter of yours. AND your directions ...WORKS EVERY TIME. Glad my recipe worked out too. Aria
I am always very happy to see the starter doing well at another place!

I have given out 5 starts in the past two weeks

Thanks all! Here's a pic after slicing. We toasted the heel and had it with butter. Hubs says it tastes just like the bread his grandma made.
IMG_20200328_143854404.jpg

I made some peanut butter cookies. We are experimenting. I added 2 T unsweetened cocoa pwd and skipped the chocolate chips for a less sweet cookie. We'll see.
20200328_145026.jpg

Ohhh let me know how they came out might be a great way to make them here also
They came out well Penny. I used the recipe from @N F C 1 C peanut butter
1 C brown sugar, I don't pack
1 egg
1 t vanilla
Instead of chocolate chips I added 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder. I mix the egg and sugar really well until the mixture is smooth. Then mix in vanilla, then peanut butter. I added the cocoa powder to the sugar and egg stage. Baked 14 mins at 325* They have a slightly cake like texture in the middle.

Last night when I fed the sourdough starter it was kinda so so. There was a little water on the top so I stirred it, added half a cup flour and less water. Got up this morning and it has risen almost to the top of a quart jar :)
Time to bake!

Well, someone is out for breakfast early.
:eek I hope your birds weren't out there at the same time

Make sure to cover the bowl with plastic wrap
Hmm, I'll have to try that since I've been use a damp towel like I do for pizza dough.

Some use a shower cap since they can be used again.
Plus it can be dual use!

Back
Top Bottom