Any Home Bakers Here?

I love the Montana Wheat company's AP flour, it's so smooth and silky feeling, bakes up great. Last night when DH was working with our pizza dough, he commented on the flour's weird texture...I pointed out he was using Gold Medal instead of the MW flour and he was very surprised at the difference.
You are absolutely correct about "it's so smooth and silky feeling" but I still went back to Gold Medal for the price difference.

If I find the Ridley's generic flour satisfactory, I will stay with it because of the price difference.

The thing that I loved about the Montana Wheat flour is the package. It is really nice to have a reclosable plastic bag instead of a paper bag.

Last edited:
You are absolute correct about "it's so smooth and silky feeling" but I still went back to Gold Medal for the price difference.

If I find the Ridley's generic flour satisfactory, I will stay with it because of the price difference.

The thing that I loved about the Montana Wheat flour is the package. It is really nice to have a reclosable plastic bag instead of a paper bag.
There's that much of a price difference between them? I've found the price comparable to GM here. I have to buy it at walmart though, other places don't stock it.

You are absolute correct about "it's so smooth and silky feeling" but I still went back to Gold Medal for the price difference.

I'm curious about the Ridley's flour Bob. That was a heck of a good price for the 25 pound bag!

There's that much of a price difference between them? I've found the price comparable to GM here. I have to buy it at walmart though, other places don't stock it.

Walmart is the only place I've been able to find the Montana Wheat also. But then only having 2 stores here, it's not like I can do a lot of comparison shopping. :D

The last time I checked, the Montana Wheat was about $3 more than Gold Medal for a 10 lb. bag. Right now neither seem to be readily available although I did pick up a 10 Lb. bag of Gold Medal a couple of weeks ago.

I'm curious about the Ridley's flour Bob. That was a heck of a good price for the 25 pound bag!
I am also curious and may have to bake something soon. Of course, I am not as picky about the flour that I use as you are. I used to always buy generic store brand flours. I switched to Gold Medal because it was easier to find it in unbleached all purpose than most of the generic flours.

My mother and my aunt both really liked Albertson's generic flour. When we lived in SW PA, my mother either used Robin Hood or Pillsbury flour.

The last time I checked, the Montana Wheat was about $3 more than Gold Medal for a 10 lb. bag. Right now neither seem to be readily available although I did pick up a 10 Lb. bag of Gold Medal a couple of weeks ago.
Wow, that is quite a difference. It boggles my mind that you can get flour from VT cheaper than MT when MT is right next door!

Back
Top Bottom