Any Home Bakers Here?

As you probably noticed, I put that recipe info in a PM. No rush, it's a lot to digest, Just holler if I can help in any other way. Now go put your feet up and rest.
I did, thank you. I see that both flour recipes use potato starch which is on DD's no go list. I'll have to ask her how her recipe compares to those. I see also that the recipe is dairy free, I wonder if one could substitute dairy ;)

The General Tsao chicken was REALLY good. All gone in an hour. This was last night.

I failed to get a picture. Next time I make it, I'll get a picture.

To quote a computer game, "General Tsaos outdone himself."

Recipe was on Allrecipes.

Jared
Sounds good Jared!

Baked two loaves of Sourdough Bread....used KA Rustic Sourdough
Recipe....with Changes: The recipe: plus I added 2 T Honey and 2 T avacado oil 1 T whey protein powder 1 T flaxmeal. Two loaves look
Fine. Have not tasted. Aria
I need to make bread this weekend!

I did, thank you. I see that both flour recipes use potato starch which is on DD's no go list. I'll have to ask her how her recipe compares to those. I see also that the recipe is dairy free, I wonder if one could substitute dairy ;)
Most of my GF books call for regular milk for making bread and often call for cow's milk powder in the recipes too, which I usually omit. That particular recipe just happened to not.

As for the potato starch, I have flour mixes recipes (books have you mix up the flours yourself) that don't call for the use of any potato....starch or flour. Tapioca or cornstarch is usually more of the "starchy" norm and can be used instead of potato.

I had forgotten about the nightshade issue but I'd be happy to share some more info that I found that lets you mix up your own mixes based on what you can/can't have, or what you are trying to achieve in the baked product.
Finding a decent potato free flour mix, or a recipe for making one, won't be hard, just give me a few days to dig in my resources for that and see if I can also find an accompanying bread recipe for it.
Did I mention I have books?
Lots and lots of books.... :D

Back
Top Bottom