Any Home Bakers Here?

An air fryer is just a countertop convection oven. It's going to typically cut off about 1/4 of the normal cooking time.

I only use mine for fried stuff. When I make beer battered onion rings I usually do big batches and freeze. The air fryer reheats them so they're crispy just like when freshly made. If I don't ever use it for anything else I'm cool with it :lol:
I have made chicken nuggets in my air fryer-- and salmon

Trevor Wilson, close on the memory :D
This is Trevor's original.

OK, I know I am early, it was only 8 PM when I started Ron's modified recipe but I was thinking about it and figured I better do it before I forgot ;) I'm sure an extra hour of overnight rest won't hurt it.

Well rats, I forgot NutsOnline was out of spelt, we are to be notified when it is back in stock. So I again just added the spelt grams to the rye grams. One day I will have the spelt and do it right!

The KA Basic sourdough came out well again. I just MIGHT be getting the hang of making sourdough bread :D
Bruceha2000, YES, I am aware of Trevor Wilson...met him on U Tube a
long while ago. I am Not a Fan of "such LARGE HOLES" or Round
Loaves of Bread. Our friends and family are not either. We prefer the
Sourdough Sandwich Breads which I have worked with and mastered.
Nice to learn from the Master (Trevor)....I think he is one of the BEST.
and so is Ron.

Well, they are the ugliest bagels I've ever made. I think next time I'll soak the raisins in warm water prior to adding. The dough was way too dry after the first rise and I had a hard time getting them into a ball. I suspect that the raisins stole water from the dough. But, they are really tastey. :drool

View attachment 2170631

Bob, I think your bagels look great! I've never made any that looked that good :)

I like my air fryer for typical easy things for kiddo, but I also like to make zucchini fritters, falafels, these weird turkey mushroom patties, and just about anything I can get away with tossing in there.
I agree, sometimes the books give you such broad unhelpful cook times, but mine has presets (made for typical cooking) and the more I work with it the more I'm able to kind of match the presets to my gluten free items and way of cooking. Found a GF recipe for corndogs and would really like to try them in the air fryer instead of oil. Though keeping the batter from dripping might be a challenge.

I did pork chops in it once. It came with a meat probe to set it to the internal temp you want. And it did the pork chops perfect. Problem is I can't remember where I put the dang probe!
You should be able to cook them well without the probe. Do you have a meat thermometer other than the one that came with the fryer?

I might try pork chops in my fryer. I do get tired of the oil splatters on the stove

Back
Top Bottom