Any Home Bakers Here?

Mine just came out of the oven, it is only 3" tall in the middle. I think it is a LITTLE taller than the last time. How tall (approximately) is yours?
It was closer to 6 inches tall.

Shaping can make a difference and I used a rectangular basket. I have it cut up in the freezer but could take a picture of one of the slices.

Did yours have nice holes in it?

I like my air fryer for typical easy things for kiddo, but I also like to make zucchini fritters, falafels, these weird turkey mushroom patties, and just about anything I can get away with tossing in there.
I agree, sometimes the books give you such broad unhelpful cook times, but mine has presets (made for typical cooking) and the more I work with it the more I'm able to kind of match the presets to my gluten free items and way of cooking. Found a GF recipe for corndogs and would really like to try them in the air fryer instead of oil. Though keeping the batter from dripping might be a challenge.
Wow I’ve seen those but never used one. I have a microwave/convection oven I have loved to death. Microwave works fine not no longer convects. It was great to bake pies or whatever in the summer because it didn’t heat up the house so bad. Also how many times do you really need to heat up a giant oven? I loved that feature and I should replace it. Air fryer would be less expensive but my kitchen is already stuffed!
Oh and I enjoy reading about your GF journey!

Hi everybody! I made the basic sourdough recipe last night, the one that takes 2 cups of starter, a little yeast and is baked in a loaf pan. We really enjoyed our eggs and trust this morning!
So I’m out of yeast but would really like to do another load tomorrow. If I mix it up tonight and let it bulk in the fridge overnight to be shaped and baked tomorrow, do you think I should use 2 cups of starter or would one be enough? Other recipes that go overnight all seem to use one. I fed Penny Jo so she’ll be bubbling well by supper time. Any thoughts on how much to use? I’m thinking one is enough but...

Hi everybody! I made the basic sourdough recipe last night, the one that takes 2 cups of starter, a little yeast and is baked in a loaf pan. We really enjoyed our eggs and trust this morning!
So I’m out of yeast but would really like to do another load tomorrow. If I mix it up tonight and let it bulk in the fridge overnight to be shaped and baked tomorrow, do you think I should use 2 cups of starter or would one be enough? Other recipes that go overnight all seem to use one. I fed Penny Jo so she’ll be bubbling well by supper time. Any thoughts on how much to use? I’m thinking one is enough but...
I usually use 1 cup of SDS. But Ron would be the one the really Know
Not me. Aria

Mix it up tonight and let it proof for an hour. Shape it into the loaf pan and then let it bulk over night in the fridge covered with plastic wrap.

In the morning, set up a 9x13 pan on the bottom shelf of the oven and pour boiling water into it. Put the pan with the dough in it on the top shelf and leave it for 40 minutes to warm up. After 40 minutes, take both pans out of the oven and warm up the oven to the temperature in the recipe.

When the oven warms up, remove the plastic wrap from the pan and bake the bread.

Back
Top Bottom