Any Home Bakers Here?

Mix it up tonight and let it proof for an hour. Shape it into the loaf pan and then let it bulk over night in the fridge covered with plastic wrap.

In the morning, set up a 9x13 pan on the bottom shelf of the oven and pour boiling water into it. Put the pan with the dough in it on the top shelf and leave it for 40 minutes to warm up. After 40 minutes, take both pans out of the oven and warm up the oven to the temperature in the recipe.

When the oven warms up, remove the plastic wrap from the pan and bake the bread.
Oh that sounds great! I’d rather it be oven ready like that. How much starter do you think it needs?

Mix it up tonight and let it proof for an hour. Shape it into the loaf pan and then let it bulk over night in the fridge covered with plastic wrap.

In the morning, set up a 9x13 pan on the bottom shelf of the oven and pour boiling water into it. Put the pan with the dough in it on the top shelf and leave it for 40 minutes to warm up. After 40 minutes, take both pans out of the oven and warm up the oven to the temperature in the recipe.

When the oven warms up, remove the plastic wrap from the pan and bake the bread.
Fantastic, Simple, Direct Directions...All should be FINE. Aria

Fantastic, Simple, Direct Directions...All should be FINE. Aria
Sourdough has been so much fun! The flavor and chew factor have been just great in all my loaves so far, they’re ugly but I don’t really mind. Yet. :gig It’s funny I thought my toaster was about to go kaput till I realized Homemade bread has more mass to heat up!

20200601_180343.jpg

General Tsaos outdone himself.

It was so good, my family wanted it again.

I’m posting this here because you told me which mushrooms I needed.
The non poisonous ones? Apparently you found them since you were able to post.

Did yours have nice holes in it?
Nope, no holes at all. I did the stretch and fold several more times than your modified recipe called for because it clearly didn't look right. Frankly I don't know how it is supposed to rise much at all given the puny amount of starter specified and no yeast. Which means I'm doing something wrong. I let it rise in the oven proofing at 100° given it was only 63° in the house (we will NOT turn the furnaces back on in June!!!!!!!)

Any thoughts on how much to use? I’m thinking one is enough but...
I don't know for sure and yeah the 2 cups of starter sure does seem like a lot but it works AND requires yeast as well. I ASSUME some of that is due to the relatively short time between mix and bake. It is an easy one to make, I've been kneading it in the KA mixer on 2 though this time the dough blob ended up outside the hook and I did a little hand kneading in the bowl to finish it off.

The non poisonous ones? Apparently you found them since you were able to post.
:lol: Yes. I didn’t know if I was supposed to get button or... the other one for making Duckling’s pizza. I’m allergic, so my posting proves I didn’t get any on me, and cleaned up her and everything else well.

Did a recipe in the air fyer for flavored potato cut in wedges sprinkle smoked paprika, salt and 2 tblsp of olive oil (optional) did bake 15 to 20 minutes depending on size of potato 400 degrees they where awful good bet a oven would work we used a gallon bag shaking did not read right added parmesan then also guess it should have been at the end :celebrate

Did a recipe in the air fyer for flavored potato cut in wedges sprinkle smoked paprika, salt and 2 tblsp of olive oil (optional) did bake 15 to 20 minutes depending on size of potato 400 degrees they where awful good bet a oven would work we used a gallon bag shaking did not read right added parmesan then also guess it should have been at the end :celebrate
That sounds very similar to the potato wedges that my mother used to bake in her oven.

Back
Top Bottom