Any Home Bakers Here?

Sourdough has been so much fun! The flavor and chew factor have been just great in all my loaves so far, they’re ugly but I don’t really mind. Yet. :gig It’s funny I thought my toaster was about to go kaput till I realized Homemade bread has more mass to heat up!
Sequel, YES, it is a wonderful journey....I felt the same way. AND still
enjoy Sourdough Baking....and it is healthy and rewarding. Glad you are
now a Sourdough Baker. Aria

Pretty!

I have a Nuwave that I use for bacon only. Nothing else cooked decent in there other then hotdogs or breakfast sausage.

Looks yummy, nice job!

Nice job, I love bagels.

I make mine in a bread pan also. It got too hard for me in a dutch oven. I think Ron posted the recipe. It has 4 ingredients.

Those look delicious!

Did you use frozen berries that were thawed?

They sound delicious!

Agree!

I have a Ninja Foodi that I use for several things. It’s supposed to do baking and all that but I mostly use it as an air fryer.
Yeah, thawed and rinsed. I've had better results if they are patted dry but we didn't bother this time. The cookies do taste good!

This sour dough bread turned out much better then my last loaf. I didn’t forget about it. It was 97 out so I let it rise on our deck in the shade so it rose nicely. It looks a little light but it was done.
View attachment 2172837
That looks great DMC! I like it light, the crust is more tender

Did a recipe in the air fyer for flavored potato cut in wedges sprinkle smoked paprika, salt and 2 tblsp of olive oil (optional) did bake 15 to 20 minutes depending on size of potato 400 degrees they where awful good bet a oven would work we used a gallon bag shaking did not read right added parmesan then also guess it should have been at the end :celebrate
You could do those in your oven, you have the convection option don't you? They sound great!

The non poisonous ones? Apparently you found them since you were able to post.

Nope, no holes at all. I did the stretch and fold several more times than your modified recipe called for because it clearly didn't look right. Frankly I don't know how it is supposed to rise much at all given the puny amount of starter specified and no yeast. Which means I'm doing something wrong. I let it rise in the oven proofing at 100° given it was only 63° in the house (we will NOT turn the furnaces back on in June!!!!!!!)

I don't know for sure and yeah the 2 cups of starter sure does seem like a lot but it works AND requires yeast as well. I ASSUME some of that is due to the relatively short time between mix and bake. It is an easy one to make, I've been kneading it in the KA mixer on 2 though this time the dough blob ended up outside the hook and I did a little hand kneading in the bowl to finish it off.
My modified recipe has the starter go in with all the ingredients the night before. If you did that, then try adding a more starter.

When folding, make sure to be gentle enough to not deflate the dough. after 2 or three folds, you should start seeing some bubbles on the surface of the dough.

If it still has issue, time to ad a quarter teaspoon of yeast the night before

This sour dough bread turned out much better then my last loaf. I didn’t forget about it. It was 97 out so I let it rise on our deck in the shade so it rose nicely. It looks a little light but it was done.
View attachment 2172837
The amount of sugar in the recipe will determine how brown the outside will be when the inside is at 195F and done baking.

The bread looks very good!

Back
Top Bottom