Any Home Bakers Here?

Got a question for you all. I am preparing for next duck and goose season in October. I don’t want to waste any part of the bird this season

Anyone know how to identify the heart, gizzard, and liver of a goose or duck? Is there a visual aid? I want to try getting the giblets out next time I process a bird.

Jared

Maybe just take a tortilla roll it till thin then cut the size will work
here Thanks for the reply
4B64B9CC-4E82-4881-B70C-B5CE4D843947.jpeg

erlibrd, I measured the swifter duster refill. I cast on 32 chains....sc...and did the loop stitch scattered through the rows. When I got to the length of the swifter refill...I followed the shape of the refill and sewed it together. Then I stitched down the two sides....making space to insert the swifter tool. That is the best I can explain what I did. If you crochet...you may have questions???? or. The loop stitch was new to me. It is a sc and then pick up thread from the other hand...slip off and end the sc. Perhaps you may know the loop stitch or Google it. It is very easy. Questions??
Aria

Thank you. I am more of a knitter than crocheter but I can give it a try, I appreciate it.

Got a question for you all. I am preparing for next duck and goose season in October. I don’t want to waste any part of the bird this season

Anyone know how to identify the heart, gizzard, and liver of a goose or duck? Is there a visual aid? I want to try getting the giblets out next time I process a bird.

Jared
They will look the same as for most animals and will be bigger than the same organs are in chickens.

liver
1596580553833.png

Anatomy
1596580969174.png

Gizzard
1596580701499.png

Heart
1596580884847.png

Back
Top Bottom