Any Home Bakers Here?

Thank you. I am more of a knitter than crocheter but I can give it a try, I appreciate it.
erlibrd, I made another swifter duster cover and this time I had 32 chains and I joined them....when it was the proper length it was done...had to
just stitch where the swifter tool enters. You probably could design one
to knit....and for the loops you could use popcorn knit or another knit
stitch to replace the loops. Yes? Cast on 32 stitches and work round and
include a lifted knit sorta loop. Just a thought. It is a fun project. Aria

erlibrd, I made another swifter duster cover and this time I had 32 chains and I joined them....when it was the proper length it was done...had to
just stitch where the swifter tool enters. You probably could design one
to knit....and for the loops you could use popcorn knit or another knit
stitch to replace the loops. Yes? Cast on 32 stitches and work round and
include a lifted knit sorta loop. Just a thought. It is a fun project. Aria
What type yarn would you recommend?

Got a question for you all. I am preparing for next duck and goose season in October. I don’t want to waste any part of the bird this season

Anyone know how to identify the heart, gizzard, and liver of a goose or duck? Is there a visual aid? I want to try getting the giblets out next time I process a bird.

Jared
Jared, when you're ready to clean the gizzards, they are best if you refrigerate them in water overnight and then clean. hold it with the big tube facing away from you on the top and then make a shallow cut behind it through the muscle. There's an inner sack that you don't want to cut into. Then tear the muscle back with your fingers until that inner sack pops out.

also when removing the liver beware of the gall bladder. It's a small tear shaped organ that you don't want to break. Pinch into the liver to separate it.

What type yarn would you recommend?
I would use a WASHABLE STRONG YARN.....I used leftover yarns I had that
were washable....we have been IN and not shopping for a long time. And the design makes it easy to join the yarns... the circle pattern worked best. Let me know what you decided to do. It is a fun project...enjoyed making them.
Aria

Jared, when you're ready to clean the gizzards, they are best if you refrigerate them in water overnight and then clean. hold it with the big tube facing away from you on the top and then make a shallow cut behind it through the muscle. There's an inner sack that you don't want to cut into. Then tear the muscle back with your fingers until that inner sack pops out.

also when removing the liver beware of the gall bladder. It's a small tear shaped organ that you don't want to break. Pinch into the liver to separate it.

Thanks for all the advice! I appreciate it.

Season opens for duck and geese on October 19th. Plenty of time to prepare and learn.

Off topic, but I just finished this.

8F9A4CC8-1D09-4CEF-A6BE-998521415397.jpeg

Since I can’t do some of my regular hobbies due to COVID-19, I decided to resort to my other older hobbies to keep busy.

I knitted a scarf.

Back
Top Bottom