Any Home Bakers Here?

@Aria Do you know which Mutli-Grain Bread recipe that is?
you have 3 recipes in the index for Multi-Grain bread, but none of them use sourdough starter.
I think it is the newest one in the google sheet. I entered it last week

@Aria Do you know which Mutli-Grain Bread recipe that is?
you have 3 recipes in the index for Multi-Grain bread, but none of them use sourdough starter.
The Best Multigrain Bread Aria 5-6 cups flour 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour 1/2 cup Rye Flour 1/4 cup Vital Wheat Gluten 3 T molasses 3T avacado oil 1 tsp kosher salt 1 scant T Yeast 2 cups warm water 1/2 cup sourdough starter. Mix all in a mixer...by hand at first with only 5 cups of Bread flour in addition to all the other ingredients....STIR with a spoon (this is not to get flour all over the counter) then put the mixer on and add additional flour if needed ( added flour to make a smooth dough) not sticking to the bowl. Hand knead just enough to make a smooth ball of dough...place in a greased bowl cover in a warm place..rise l hour. Place on a lightly floured surface and divide in two.
(I had 4 pounds of dough). I made two loaves in photo (half in each of my large antique tins)...cover and let rise in a warm place 45 minutes - to 1 hour or top of the tins. Rises when in the oven a little. Oven temp 375 degree and bake for 35 minutes. Ingredients: 1 cup of Grains. I used 1/2 cup of Bob Hill's 7 grain cereal and the Grain mix I made: I made a multi grain mix 1 cup of each seasame seeds 1 cup oats 1 cup wheat germ 1 cup wheat bran 1 cup pumpkin seeds 1 cup sunflower seeds 1 c flax meal 1 cup corn meal. I put all these in a glass jar and when I make a multigrain bread I add 1/2 cup from the jar I store in the refrigerator and 1/2 cup Bob Hill's 7 grain cereal. Or you can use 1 Cup of mixed grains and seeds of your choice. Just remember you must soak your grains. Aria

Beautiful bread yet again 😍 your bread always looks so perfect! I bet your house smells awesome 😋
Thanks Grammy60. Yes the house smells of home made breads often. I baked one of these Multigrain for me and one for the neighbor. This recipe was after many trials for the Multigrain Best Bread. THIS IS IT.
I just posted the long recipe...since some asked for the recipe. Aria

Back
Top Bottom