Any Home Bakers Here?

Yes, I chose one of the folding ones that has multiple thickness. I'm pretty sure the thinest is too thin for the bread I've been making and I probably don't want the thickest - kind of "Texas Toast" thick. Probably not as convenient as all 1 size since there are 3 groups of thicknesses so I'll have to slide the bread to the middle as I slice. It has a board that slides in the slots to push the loaf against.

I ended up with this one It has a tray that catches the crumbs and if one wanted to be kinda fancy and serve sliced bread at the table, the slicing guide comes out of the tray and the tray has handle holes.

Hope you like the slicer Bruce.

That link reminded me we need a new bread knife. Anyone have one they especially like?

Anyone ever bake a pound cake batter in muffin tins?

I want to make a Maple Pound Cake, but baking it in the bundt pan just makes too much cake for the 2 of us to eat. If I split the batter between a loaf pan and a muffin pan full, it would make small pound cakes to put in the freezer for me to take for lunches later in the month.

Putting the batter in muffin tins should work fine.

I've seen where King Arthur has some mini bundt pans that take just 1/2 cup of batter per mini bundt. mini-swirl-bundtlette-pan

Back
Top Bottom