Any Home Bakers Here?

for cakes, I have changed from dusting with flour after greasing to dusting with regular sugar--especially with chocolate cakes. Chef Carla Hall does this--I tried it and liked it

Funny you mentioned Carla Hall...I was just looking at her cook books over on Amazon the other day. I enjoy seeing her on Food Network.

for cakes, I have changed from dusting with flour after greasing to dusting with regular sugar--especially with chocolate cakes. Chef Carla Hall does this--I tried it and liked it
You could also use white rice flour. I use rice flour to line the proofing baskets I use. Apparently the rice flour will not bind with wheat flour. Cornmeal works the same but rice flour does not leave corn tasting crunchies

Also, you can use cocoa powder for chocolate cakes and brownies.

Hi Jared!

Working on staying cool.
It was a HOT day here too....I was gifted a Lavender Plant...dug a hole in the herb garden and planted it. Of course had to do some weeding before planting. I did MIND THE HEAT....warm shower quick. I guess the plant droops ...after immediate planting. Will double check tomorrow...not looking great right now. Aria

It was a HOT day here too....I was gifted a Lavender Plant...dug a hole in the herb garden and planted it. Of course had to do some weeding before planting. I did MIND THE HEAT....warm shower quick. I guess the plant droops ...after immediate planting. Will double check tomorrow...not looking great right now. Aria
I have three excessive heat warnings on my phone. I hope it is not as hot as predicted

Back
Top Bottom