Any Home Bakers Here?

So I'm going to share some goofy photos here for laughs of my recent cookies. My husband just had a birthday, so I was like - "Yknow, instead of a pound cake, I'll make him some decorative cookies that look like our Husky." (Long story short, big scare with a copperhead snake and we didn't know how bad it was going to be even though we took him straight to the vet - he pulled through, so to celebrate I said I would make these as a birthday surprise).

So they're my normal sugar cookie recipe and royal icing - was feeling really confident about the design - Husky head with blue backdrop to match his blue eyes....and fully intending for them to be cute and professional - instead they came out wild eyed and almost identically resemble a picture we have of him being scared of the snow once. Didn't quite nail the consistency of the icing so it ran and just made this a mess, but I had to finish them! Somehow these were the absolute poorest decorative cookies I have made yet LOL! Needless to say, we all had a good laugh though and they still tasted good.

IMG_6993.jpg IMG_6994.jpg

So I'm going to share some goofy photos here for laughs of my recent cookies. My husband just had a birthday, so I was like - "Yknow, instead of a pound cake, I'll make him some decorative cookies that look like our Husky." (Long story short, big scare with a copperhead snake and we didn't know how bad it was going to be even though we took him straight to the vet - he pulled through, so to celebrate I said I would make these as a birthday surprise).

So they're my normal sugar cookie recipe and royal icing - was feeling really confident about the design - Husky head with blue backdrop to match his blue eyes....and fully intending for them to be cute and professional - instead they came out wild eyed and almost identically resemble a picture we have of him being scared of the snow once. Didn't quite nail the consistency of the icing so it ran and just made this a mess, but I had to finish them! Somehow these were the absolute poorest decorative cookies I have made yet LOL! Needless to say, we all had a good laugh though and they still tasted good.

View attachment 2291003View attachment 2291004
They look mighty good to me... :drool

I think your cookies look amazing! Good job :D

Nice Job!

Well, it’s going to be over 100 here today.

08920568-B85A-4910-B1FB-836980935987.jpeg

A570C051-B06B-430A-B68E-85E255066E49.jpeg

If I’m going to beat the heat, I might as well do it in style. A hollowed out a pineapple, and filled it with pineapple orange guava juice. Then, I put on a straw.

I had a drink like this a long time ago when I first went to Hawaii on vacation.

I have no idea why those photos turned out sideways.

View attachment 2291226

View attachment 2291227

If I’m going to beat the heat, I might as well do it in style. A hollowed out a pineapple, and filled it with pineapple orange guava juice. Then, I put on a straw.

I had a drink like this a long time ago when I first went to Hawaii on vacation.

Good idea Jared!

View attachment 2291226

View attachment 2291227

It's hard to beat fresh pineapple!

Nice jammy biscuits!

Back
Top Bottom