Any Home Bakers Here?

I think my rabbit is dying. Shortness of breath, not too responsive to sounds, jaw moving and trembling body on occasion, laying on her side, she’s trying to keep her eyes closed, AND she stopped breathing for about 8 seconds, then resumed.

Obviously there is a problem.

I am keeping an eye on her.
She’s been laying down nonstop for about an hour and a half now. I think she’s either sick or dying. Here’s a picture if it helps.

No discharge from the nose, but her breathing is very random. She stopped breathing again for eight seconds, then resumed.

Her fur is also turning yellow. Don’t know if that indicates something or not.

View attachment 2344344
Aww I am sorry to hear about her! I hope she gets better! :fl:fl:fl:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

I don't know a thing about rabbits Jared, I hope yours is just a bit under the weather and will be OK soon.

CRISIS AVOIDED.

turns out the fridge somehow got unplugged. Don’t know what happened. Well, it’s working now.
Phew! When our fridge's compressor crapped out (all of 6 years old) it held above 32° which wasn't useful for the freezer. I put it all in the small chest freezer figuring all was well until I could get the machine fixed or replaced. Then things were defrosting in there! I thought it crapped out too but somehow the temp dial on the front of the machine had been moved to the warmest setting. I have no idea how, it isn't something we mess with.

You can use less-- if the bread rises like you want it will be fine.

The closer you are to 50% wheat flour the more vital gluten you will need.
My basic sourdough rises just fine with 1/2 whole wheat flour and no vital gluten.
Maybe I need the vital gluten for the Champlain bread?

I LOVE reading this thread!
I find sooo many good things to make!
And I learn so many different things!

Have you checked out the Google index yet Fuchsia? There's a link to it on page 1 of the thread, click on that, give it a second to load and then you'll find tabs at bottom for various recipe categories. It's really helpful!

Have you checked out the Google index yet Fuchsia? There's a link to it on page 1 of the thread, click on that, give it a second to load and then you'll find tabs at bottom for various recipe categories. It's really helpful!
No I haven't done that yet! I will check it out!
Thank you @N F C !
And you don't have to call me Fuchsia, you can call me Anna :)

Back
Top Bottom