Any Home Bakers Here?

You were a little heavy handed on the tender quick. You used 16 TBS and should have been 10.5 TBS, but that's the advantage of tender quick, you can get away with that. So your brine is fine. You need to keep it in the brine for 7 days. Then you can smoke it.

Thanks. Problem is I already ate it. I was a little worried that I over brined it, so I prepared it and ate it. Turns out I under brined it.

well, lesson learned.

I looked for mine online, discontinued. Honestly though, I have no issues with it. It tells me when preheating is done and everything comes out right on time. I have the glass cooktop and all controls are on the front panel so you don’t have to reach over hot stuff on the stove to turn off the burners. I didn’t get the convection version.
I appreciate your input! I found out how to access that element too so that’s not a big deal to replace. So far that one is the frontrunner! :ya

BCE8EA22-D1D6-4D21-B107-50875C324568.jpeg
Day 2: Sometimes throwing starter away is sacrilege.

Fresh biscuits anyone???

Awe, the wee little guy graduated to a big jar today 🤭 I have to say I love these pickle pipes. A word of caution if anyone is going to ferment pickles...don’t use a pickling spice mix because the cloves make the ferment nasty. As in it tastes horrible. The pickles I made without it are much better. I’m going to try Tuscan tomatoes next to make bruschetta with homemade sourdough And maybe do a batch of salsa too.
9B4C9E76-B4D2-4D23-B78E-616B6AFA6A76.jpeg

baked it.
Perfect. There are two reasons to cure meat prior to smoking: 1) flavor enhancement and 2) to prevent it from spoiling while smoking on the low temp. By baking, you got the benefit of 1 without the risk of 2. Prior to smoking salmon, I cure it, but it's a slightly different procedure.

I just lost a 4 year Dirt she was a partridge silkie I have had since peep
she was head down on the roost this morning brought her in she was here like a 35 minutes one last shudder and gone .. But had the sourdough biscuits also..View attachment 2349412
Awe so sorry Penny! Your biscuits look good.

Back
Top Bottom