Any Home Bakers Here?

Aria

Free Ranging
Oct 15, 2010
there’s more than enough, come on over Sue!
I love bruschetta but this is my first time trying it with fermented ingredients.

I snuck a wee bite to see how it tastes, very good! I added fresh basil to the ricotta and that really made a difference. Now if the bread will rise we’ll be in good shape.
How about Photo? I will take butter on my bread. Aria

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
Good afternoon bakers. My sourdough starter was still very bubbly this morning so I fed and waited about 6ish hours, now have two baguettes on the counter under a damp towel to rise before baking. Used a very simple recipe with just flour, salt, water and sourdough starter. I’m fermenting some tomatoes, basil and garlic for bruschetta tomorrow with our dinner. Hopefully we’ll have some garlic bread with one of the loaves this evening.There’s lasagne in the oven now and it smells so good!
View attachment 2350724
Looks good!

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
Baguettes. I think next time I’ll make it as one long piece, but the height is about right. Also, I think I rushed using the sourdough starter and it wasn’t quite ready. I’m going to feed it for a couple of days at the end of the week and get it going, then try this recipe again on the weekend. It smells really good though. One is for tonight, the other is for bruschetta tomorrow with the fermented tomatoes and some goat cheese.
F5B029DE-D6BE-4A17-B4AA-CFCECD925BB7.jpeg
A496E5B8-BF5B-4C16-8CD4-20F0BB71AD0E.jpeg

Sequel

Crossing the Road
Feb 17, 2015
Kitsap County, Western Washington
Baguettes. I think next time I’ll make it as one long piece, but the height is about right. Also, I think I rushed using the sourdough starter and it wasn’t quite ready. I’m going to feed it for a couple of days at the end of the week and get it going, then try this recipe again on the weekend. It smells really good though. One is for tonight, the other is for bruschetta tomorrow with the fermented tomatoes and some goat cheese.
View attachment 2351062 View attachment 2351064
Their shape is very nice! Did you use a couche or special pans???

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
Their shape is very nice! Did you use a couche or special pans???
Thank you. No just put them on a cookie sheet. I compared the height to a baguette my daughter bought at the store and mine were about 2/3 the height of that so not too bad. It tastes great, but is a bit dense. I think I’ll need to adjust water next time, or maybe knead a little longer. The recipe I used doesn’t include yeast.

Sequel

Crossing the Road
Feb 17, 2015
Kitsap County, Western Washington
Thank you. No just put them on a cookie sheet. I compared the height to a baguette my daughter bought at the store and mine were about 2/3 the height of that so not too bad. It tastes great, but is a bit dense. I think I’ll need to adjust water next time, or maybe knead a little longer. The recipe I used doesn’t include yeast.
Mine have always flattened out a bit. To be honest I’ve never made sourdough ones though. I think I’ll give it a whirl soon!

Top Bottom