Any Home Bakers Here?

Sourdough Sandwich Bread 10.22.2020...first baking I've done since Floyd
went to Hospital.....
100_0353.JPG

If you cover the raisins with water, bring it to a boil , cool and drain before using, it will plump the raisins and reduce the total amount of iron in them. Whether or not it will reduce the iron by enough to help you is something I do not know. As strong as the discarded liquid tastes, it is taking a lot of something out of the raisins.
Soaking golden raisins in vodka is nice. It”helps” arthritis

Penny, Just an update on Floyd. He is now in rehab and today is the first time I felt like baking. I have a sourdough sandwich bread rising. Thanks
to YOU and all the wonderful thoughts from our super group. Aria
I hope Floyd has a speedy recovery, good to hear from you Aria.

Last edited:
I was doing home made bread for a long time. I found that the yeast has quite an impact on flavor. As a matter of fact when San Francisco burned 1849 - 1841 a lot of immigrant folks were killed running back to their bakeries trying to save yeast strain cultures they brought from over seas . Now comes the the part where I need my rear end kicked . I had a strain that was brought to Oregon on the Oregon trail in a covered wagon and lost it somehow I am devastated over it . I wonder if there is any yeast strain traders on here ?
How do you save a yeast strain? 🤔 To me, yeast is a dry granular product.

Back
Top Bottom