Any Home Bakers Here?

@igorsMistress

An average size duck egg weighs 80-90 grams.

30 grams equals 1 ounce

60 grams equals 2 ounces.

90 grams equals 3 ounces.

I was trying to find out this equivalent for one of my customers. I can't remember who gave this to me on BYC.

thanks! I’ll weigh one of the biggest chicken eggs from my flock and write that down, then compare to a duck egg later.

I would, but it isn't the right way to do things. I know that the baker that @memphis sold turkey eggs to did the egg addition by weight rather than by egg count.
I’ll have Runner duck eggs, as I understand it they are about the size of a jumbo chicken egg. If a recipe called for 2 large I just used 2 jumbo back in the day. I’ll try weighing them to see the comparison though

I’ll have Runner duck eggs, as I understand it they are about the size of a jumbo chicken egg. If a recipe called for 2 large I just used 2 jumbo back in the day. I’ll try weighing them to see the comparison though
I have recipes that I use the biggest eggs that I have and other recipes that I use the smallest eggs that I have.

In particular, I prefer to use a medium egg when I make my recipe for pancakes for one.

I have recipes that I use the biggest eggs that I have and other recipes that I use the smallest eggs that I have.

In particular, I prefer to use a medium egg when I make my recipe for pancakes for one.
So you’re saying I should keep ducks and chickens? :gig
I guess I’ll just have to experiment and see how it goes.

Just made Oat biscuits. Already eaten two shhhh
IMG_20201025_154007764.jpg
IMG_20201025_154013668.jpg
IMG_20201025_154545797.jpg

That bread is so beautiful I can smell it from here, and it is positively mouth-watering! I don't even care about the shred! 😜
I've been thinking about selling it, so, I'm trying to get more consistent results. If I'm eating it, I don't care because it tastes the same!
If they are still hot I will be over ASAP ! Slap some butter on those babies !
That might just have to be breakfast today! :drool
It split at the bottom seams-- Slash more aggressively at the top to avoid this. It is a look though and not detrimental to taste
I will keep this in mind next time. I thought I had slashed too deep, but apparently not. It is still delicious. Thanks for the advice!

I've been thinking about selling it, so, I'm trying to get more consistent results. If I'm eating it, I don't care because it tastes the same!

That might just have to be breakfast today! :drool

I will keep this in mind next time. I thought I had slashed too deep, but apparently not. It is still delicious. Thanks for the advice!
YOUR BREAD LOOKS GREAT! my family likes the bonus bumps!!

New Cookie Recipe: Aunt Lena Cookies
3 cups flour (remove 1 T and add 1 T Wheat Germ from each cup)
Aunt Lena Cookies Paste100_0355.JPG

2teaspoons Baking Powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup grapeseed or avacado oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons of vanilla, almond, lemon, orange extract for better taste
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix wet ingredients in a bowl...add wet to
dry mix to make a soft dough. Roll sections into rope...press with two fingers and cut to shape. makes 36 cookies Bake 350 oven 20 minutes

New Cookie Recipe: Aunt Lena Cookies
3 cups flour (remove 1 T and add 1 T Wheat Germ from each cup)
2teaspoons Baking Powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup grapeseed or avacado oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons of vanilla, almond, lemon, orange extract for better taste
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix wet ingredients in a bowl...add wet to
dry mix to make a soft dough. Roll sections into rope...press with two fingers and cut to shape. makes 36 cookies Bake 350 oven 20 minutes

Thanks kinda healthy cookie with wheat germ have to try this..
Morning bakers trying a Navy bean soup recipe from Food network let everyone know how it comes out

Yes, these tests are a little silly not everyone can see the pictures clearly, so I can well imagine that many people can't join the forums. I wish they would come up with another way. I tried several times then left.
You mean like the ones where they ask "how many of 'object type" are in these pictures? Yeah, sometimes those are near impossible.

So you’re saying I should keep ducks and chickens? :gig
I guess I’ll just have to experiment and see how it goes.
Of course you need a variety! I have a number of chicken breeds and they lay anywhere from Small to Jumbo. I weigh and mark each egg. If I am making half a recipe that needs 1 egg I use a Small. 1.5X the recipe, use a Large and a Small or maybe a Jumbo. A 50 gram Small and a 70 gram XL is the same as two 60g Large.

Back
Top Bottom