Any Home Bakers Here?

When I cooked wild duck, I stuffed it with quartered potatoes, onions, and apples. If I had any left over stuffing, I placed it around the duck. This helped to take the gamey taste away. I covered the outside with strips of bacon. As the wild duck is so lean the bacon helps to keep it very moist.
I did brine my duck, and I used red potatoes. Otherwise, same.

The problem I have in our little rural area is finding all the ingredients. But I bet once I get moved I'll be able to find them!
You can use any coffee liqueur. I used a coffee flavored rum and it works well. The cookies happened to be in our closest grocery store so that was nice.

You can use any coffee liqueur. I used a coffee flavored rum and it works well. The cookies happened to be in our closest grocery store so that was nice.

It's no problem finding the liqueur. And I can make the cookies. But the mascarpone is very difficult to find here, I've only seen it a couple of times in one of our two grocery stores and it's not always there.

It's no problem finding the liqueur. And I can make the cookies. But the mascarpone is very difficult to find here, I've only seen it a couple of times in one of our two grocery stores and it's not always there.
Our neighborhood walmart store carries it in the walmart brand

Back
Top Bottom