Any Home Bakers Here?

I DID IT! ITS AN ERROR!
Interesting that the one you found is IIRC 1940 and the one you showed confirming the error is a 1966. How often do they use the old mold and just change the date? Or make the same error in a mold more than once? Or have some "leakage" in the same area that adds metal to that area?

VERY INTERESTING!!!!

Interesting that the one you found is IIRC 1940 and the one you showed confirming the error is a 1966. How often do they use the old mold and just change the date? Or make the same error in a mold more than once? Or have some "leakage" in the same area that adds metal to that area?

VERY INTERESTING!!!!

It’s called a die chip. It can happen with any year.

2A4F71BE-1E32-4840-9DE4-7798DC3BE940.jpeg

I got a decent male today. This time, I’m gonna brine it before cooking it.

That's what happens to me sometimes but it's due to the high altitude. I see you're in MN, so that shouldn't be an issue, right?

This is what the site My Recipes says:
"Brownies generally have a lower ratio of flour to fat (butter and eggs) than many other baked goods, which makes them more prone to caving in the center. When you beat the eggs and butter you incorporate air into them, and the flour stabilizes the air bubbles. But if too much air is in the mixture for the amount of flour, the brownies "over-expand" as they bake, but collapse, or cave in, as they cool and the unstable air bubbles deflate.
To avoid this problem, says Michelle Tampakis, Senior Baking Instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education in New York City, (1) add the eggs one at a time, and beat between each addition, and (2) avoid over beating the mixture—meaning too long or at too high a speed."
Thanks!

Yes came out great lots of halloween kids here but all early that was good

I had only one Halloween family show up here. We had a special candy dispenser that was basically a giant tube that we rolled candy down so we can maintain 6 feet of distance. The family loved it so much, they got a picture. I’ll post a picture tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom