Any Home Bakers Here?

I was going to try making a pie out of carrots . Thinking about using carrots and baking like you would a pumpkin pie then add real meringue . Any thoughts on this ?
You should try some of the purple carrots. I ruined chicken soup by using one of my purple carrots instead of orange ones. The purple one was too sweet. Chicken soup is not good if it is sweet.

I was going to try making a pie out of carrots . Thinking about using carrots and baking like you would a pumpkin pie then add real meringue . Any thoughts on this ?

That would be a fun experiment. I'd bake the carrots until they are soft, then cool and mash. Then add some spices, salt & pepper. Mix it all up and put it in a pie shell. Bake.

If you do it, let us know how it works for you!

Unbelievable thrift store find.
How did that even get out of the mint?

I've never tasted pumpkin pie but imagine squash would be very similar
In fact almost all canned "pumpkin" in the USA is squash, not pumpkin. I think pretty much it is the "pumpkin pie spices" that give pumpkin pie the distinctive flavor.

How did that even get out of the mint?

In fact almost all canned "pumpkin" in the USA is squash, not pumpkin. I think pretty much it is the "pumpkin pie spices" that give pumpkin pie the distinctive flavor.

I have no idea how it got out of the mint.

On the subject of pumpkin pie, I can testify that there is a big difference when you use canned pumpkin and fresh whole pumpkin. I’ve made both, and the fresh whole pumpkin is definitely better. It takes a little longer to make, granted, but it’s well worth it.

I have no idea how it got out of the mint.

On the subject of pumpkin pie, I can testify that there is a big difference when you use canned pumpkin and fresh whole pumpkin. I’ve made both, and the fresh whole pumpkin is definitely better. It takes a little longer to make, granted, but it’s well worth it.
It also depends on whether you are using a pie pumpkin (specifically raised for their sweetness and pie quality) or a field pumpkin (usually sold for jack-o-lanterns). Either can make an excellent pie but they will taste different.

It also depends on whether you are using a pie pumpkin (specifically raised for their sweetness and pie quality) or a field pumpkin (usually sold for jack-o-lanterns). Either can make an excellent pie but they will taste different.

i’ve actually used both, but I’ve never noticed a difference. Next time I make one out of a field pumpkin, I’ll see if there’s a difference.

Back
Top Bottom