Any Home Bakers Here?

Good afternoon from UK. :frow

I've added more flour to the sourdough.
No chance of baking today I'm done. This has to be baked tomorrow
But my washing machine is finally here and set up.

My kitchen needs and fridge freezer then next year it's work tops and cooker. I'll always have to raise money for this kitchen :th

Fixing up a kitchen is pricey, but the end results are sure nice!

My kitchen needs and fridge freezer then next year it's work tops and cooker. I'll always have to raise money for this kitchen :th
Good morning from the US. :frow
Yes the money pit of the kitchen and laundry room is well known here at my house. Appliances are a little hard to get here.

IM, did you try the Guinness brownies I posted about earlier this year? #27,253

They're wonderful! I wanted to make them for Thanksgiving but couldn't find any Guinness in town (everyone was sold out).
If I make them I’ll be using the Porter/Jack Daniels Brew that our local brewery does. It’s a Christmas edition set to release today. Cans only this year not sure what’s up with not using bottles. Maybe shortage of glass. :idunno
Neighbor may be picking some up.

This is the recipe I used yesterday for cookies. They're just like the ones my mom used to bake around Christmas.
toasted-pecan-snowballs

Snowballs.JPG

P.S. Be prepared for a showering of powdered sugar when eating them :lol:

If I make them I’ll be using the Porter/Jack Daniels Brew that our local brewery does. It’s a Christmas edition set to release today. Cans only this year not sure what’s up with not using bottles. Maybe shortage of glass. :idunno
Neighbor may be picking some up.

That sounds fun to make them with a local brew, let me know how you like the brownies!

HI Marie!
Next on the list here is a new fridge. The rest of the appliances work well. I do like the oven\range that I bought about 8 years ago. It was a good purchase

I was going down memory lane, looking at old photos on my computer. I found these, and I wanted to share them.

You can see how much I grew throughout the hunting seasons

image_6483441.JPG

My first Whitetail Deer, October 2016. Age 19.

image_6483441_2.JPG

My first Mule Deer, October 2018. Age 21

IMG950312.jpg

My first Black Bear, September 2020. Age 23.

Amazing how much I grew up.

Anyway, I have a question. Does anyone have a brine recipe for game meat? I heard that brining game meat makes them taste a LOT better. I know this is a fact for Duck and Goose, but I dont know if that brine will work for Deer and Black Bear.

Any advice or recipes for brining game meat?

Jared

Back
Top Bottom