Any Home Bakers Here?

The recipe I used was pretty much the same as a regular 9 inch loaf pan recipe. I used one cup or water and then about 3 cups of flour. The dough did exactly what it was supposed to do. I put the lid on when the dough was half an inch from the top and popped it into the oven.

Of course the dough proofer helped!
Thanks for the info. I want consistent size for sandwich bread using my recipe so I'll give it a try.

My new favorite brownie recipe :love They're moist, fudgy and not overly sweet with a whole lot of flavor.

Guinness Brownies

1 12-oz bottle Guinness Extra Stout
3/4 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate (chop up a bar or use chips)
1 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Cup AP flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder

Frosting:
1/2 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 Cups confectioners sugar
2-3 Tablespoon of the reduced Guinness (see step #1 of directions)
1 teaspoon espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. In a small saucepan, bring the Guinness to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce to medium heat and simmer until reduced down to 2/3 Cup (about 25 minutes). Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes. You will use 1/2 Cup in the brownies and the rest in the frosting.

2. Preheat the oven to 350*. Line a 9"x9" pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished brownies out. Set aside.

3. Place the butter and semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 30 second increments, whisking after each, until completely smooth. Whisk in the sugar and 1/2 Cup of reduced Guinness until completely combined. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk in the flour, salt and espresso powder. Pour evenly into prepared pan.

4. Bake for 30-32 minutes, then test with a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan. If there are a few moist crumbs adhering to the toothpick, the brownies are done. Don't over bake.

5. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.

6. Frosting: Using a mixer, beat the butter on high speed until completely smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Mix in the confectioners' sugar, then beat in the remaining 2-3 Tablespoons reduced Guinness, the espresso powder, vanilla extract and salt.

7. Frost the brownies. Cover and store leftovers at room temperature for up to 1 week.

Guinness Brownies 1.JPG

My new favorite brownie recipe :love They're moist, fudgy and not overly sweet with a whole lot of flavor.

Guinness Brownies

1 12-oz bottle Guinness Extra Stout
3/4 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate (chop up a bar or use chips)
1 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Cup AP flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder

Frosting:
1/2 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 Cups confectioners sugar
2-3 Tablespoon of the reduced Guinness (see step #1 of directions)
1 teaspoon espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. In a small saucepan, bring the Guinness to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce to medium heat and simmer until reduced down to 2/3 Cup (about 25 minutes). Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes. You will use 1/2 Cup in the brownies and the rest in the frosting.

2. Preheat the oven to 350*. Line a 9"x9" pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished brownies out. Set aside.

3. Place the butter and semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 30 second increments, whisking after each, until completely smooth. Whisk in the sugar and 1/2 Cup of reduced Guinness until completely combined. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk in the flour, salt and espresso powder. Pour evenly into prepared pan.

4. Bake for 30-32 minutes, then test with a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan. If there are a few moist crumbs adhering to the toothpick, the brownies are done. Don't over bake.

5. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.

6. Frosting: Using a mixer, beat the butter on high speed until completely smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Mix in the confectioners' sugar, then beat in the remaining 2-3 Tablespoons reduced Guinness, the espresso powder, vanilla extract and salt.

7. Frost the brownies. Cover and store leftovers at room temperature for up to 1 week.

View attachment 2046624
Thanks Debby. Fudgy and not overly sweet sounds perfect! I was telling hubs about these and he wants to give them a try.

Back
Top Bottom