Any Home Bakers Here?

I think it depends on exposure to people. I ordered pop at a restaurant the waitress looked me like I was speaking a foreign language:lau

The State of Jefferson? I didn't know they'd created a name and everything.

I grew up in Iowa and Kansas and we always called them "pop". It wasn't until I moved to Florida that I found out people said "soda". :confused:

Welcome! Potato bread is a favorite here too.

Beautiful loaf of bread! Can any recipe be used or is there a certain recipe?
The recipe I used was pretty much the same as a regular 9 inch loaf pan recipe. I used one cup or water and then about 3 cups of flour. The dough did exactly what it was supposed to do. I put the lid on when the dough was half an inch from the top and popped it into the oven.

Of course the dough proofer helped!

Today I am making a batch of the Extra tangy sourdough bread and I put the overnight sponge into a bowl and into the dough proofer set at 86F. The morning it had grown so much that about a quarter of a cup spilled onto the bottom of the rack and the proofer!

That starter is so active!

The dough also has an amazing sour smell to it

Today I am making a batch of the Extra tangy sourdough bread and I put the overnight sponge into a bowl and into the dough proofer set at 86F. The morning it had grown so much that about a quarter of a cup spilled onto the bottom of the rack and the proofer!

That starter is so active!

The dough also has an amazing sour smell to it
Ron, It is your starter. I know because I have your starter and the same
is happening here. GREAT. LOVE IT. Thanks again, Aria

Ron, It is your starter. I know because I have your starter and the same
is happening here. GREAT. LOVE IT. Thanks again, Aria
I was pondering if I needed a bigger bowl last night. The one I used is fairly large though.

I knew better!

I even ignored the use fed starter part of the recipe. With this starter you really do not need to do that

Back
Top Bottom