Any Home Bakers Here?

So do I am this was so easy and fast to make. I didn't need Bob to help this time, which was great and mine was ready I 40 minutes.
Cheddar bay biscuits are good too if you use the drop biscuit method. No rolling and cutting needed!

Lentils cook very quickly. Did the instant pot make them better?
The "at pressure" time is 8 minutes for my recipe. Plus the heat up and cool down times. I've made this recipe a few times now. I change it up and I think I like it better each time. I'm in "shop the pantry" mode for cooking these days. (I said I was "eating from the larder" and someone didn't know what I meant by that. I know that's an old saying, but she's a generation old than I.)

Regarding the sugar discussion... since I've been brewing kombucha, I only use organic cane sugar. I get a 10 pound bag at Costco for... can't remember, but way cheaper than the local grocery.

The "at pressure" time is 8 minutes for my recipe. Plus the heat up and cool down times. I've made this recipe a few times now. I change it up and I think I like it better each time. I'm in "shop the pantry" mode for cooking these days. (I said I was "eating from the larder" and someone didn't know what I meant by that. I know that's an old saying, but she's a generation old than I.)

Regarding the sugar discussion... since I've been brewing kombucha, I only use organic cane sugar. I get a 10 pound bag at Costco for... can't remember, but way cheaper than the local grocery.
Is there a way to start a kambucha just from fruit?

Is there a way to start a kambucha just from fruit?
Hmmm... Not that I know of. I think you have to start with tea. I do add fruit juice when I bottle it sometimes.

Or are you asking how to grow your own "mother"? You need that to get the culture going. A lot of people call it a SCOBY, which stands for symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast.

GF pasta is one of those things that I haven't found one that's good enough to be worth it. So if any of you have recommendations... ?
We've found that the Tinkyáda Pasta Joy brown rice pasta is OK. Avoid the corn or white rice based pastas. They are mushy/sticky.

I've left bread well covered on my table over night, it turned out really good.

Okay I must admit it, I forgot to put it in the fridge. It tasted great.
Already baked is OK, I wouldn't suggest leaving it out all night prebaked. Yes, I DO know why ;)

I made 2 batches of the rolls today for the first time in months (for some reason, I forget about them when the holiday season is over). The picture is of the batch I am keeping for us, and the other batch is going to a friend.

I am concerned about my Kitchen Aid mixer.... it seems like the head bumps around a lot while it is mixing.

ACD6DD71-787C-49A3-B9B4-73AEAD622BC6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom