Any Home Bakers Here?

Me too, the problem with angel food cake is that after you use the dozen whites you need to do something with the dozen yolks.
I can cook them for the critters.
Omelets were dinner last night. Might freeze some for the fall dearth before the chicks I'm getting in 3 weeks start laying. Talk about counting your chickens before the are hatched!
I do this!! Back before poultry, when I used to be on the road with my husband, I started making and freezing omelettes, egg casseroles and even scrambled eggs. It was nice to come home, and have his breakfast in the house without having to go shopping or to the closest restaurant. Both 20 plus minutes away. Now I do it, as you said, to prepare for the molting/no sun/“why do I have these chickens again?” days of winter.

@jnicholes I thought this story would make you smile.
I have very long hair, and couldn’t find a hair tie before going down to the coops. No big deal, I was only opening the doors, and taking more pictures of the chicks with their moms. I saw the chicks were low on food, so I put my phone down, and picked up the feed. Unfortunately, I also knocked my phone down. With the wind blowing in the door, and keeping my hair in my face, I looked for the phone. I had poo on my hands, so I couldn’t push it back or shove it in my shirt. I finally went to wash my hands, then try again. After at least twenty minutes of searching, I went to feed other chicks, and… I saw my phone at the bottom of the bag of feed like a prize in a box of cracker jacks. :lol:

Well, about 19 days until I learn if I draw a moose tag or not. Here’s hoping!

Bear hunt is officially off due to the sudden relative death and the funeral.

Bringing food to my aunt in North Idaho on Friday. It’s a dessert called “Guadalupe River Dessert.” I’ll try to post the recipe later if I can.

Jared
Have you moved yet?

Back
Top Bottom