Any Home Bakers Here?

I grew up in Chiraq, on the south side. I never heard the elephant sweat thing. That sounds more like a name someone in the military would give something. Was your dad ever in the Navy? Went to Great Lakes for bootcamp, training perhaps?

The gravy on fries, I believe I was in wisconsin when I was first introduced to that. It wasn't bad. Since were on fries now.

Cheese Fries? Chili Cheese Fries? McDonalds fries before they turned into that over processed crap, dunked into Wendy's Chili with cheese was the bomb when you were out partying.

Another tater twist. Instead of mashing them, run em through a ricer, slightly different texture, essentially the same thing and really good !

Aaron

We use the term "cold drink".
Oh, like beer from the refrigerator? :D

While we're talking about names for things... I have never heard anyone but my dad call soy sauce "elephant sweat." He was from the Chicago area. I should have asked him about that, but I never did. (Too late now.)
Sounds like he wasn't fond of it.

Black Berry and Nectarine Jam!

I will make another batch of nectarine jam on Thursday.

Black Berry and nectarine jam 7-13-2021.jpg

Looks good!

Ron, have you ever made a nectarine pie? My mom used to make those and they were wonderful (a lot more flavorful than peach).
I have not! I have made a lot of things with plums though.

This is the first year we had fruit on the Nectarine tree. It was so loaded that I had to stake the poor thing up.

I have not! I have made a lot of things with plums though.

This is the first year we had fruit on the Nectarine tree. It was so loaded that I had to stake the poor thing up.

Try making a pie with some nectarines and let me know what you think (or send it to me and I'll let you know what I think) :D

Back
Top Bottom