Any Home Bakers Here?

I made 2 cherry pies just now, one for after dinner today, one for tomorrow. Have some squirty cream for the top too
View attachment 2773020View attachment 2773021View attachment 2773022

They look scrumptious!

You make a Sourdough Starter their recipe: 1/4 c sugar 1 cup of warm water and 1 T of yeast. 3T Potato Flakes. Set in a warm place for 3 to 5 days to ferment. Then the Bread recipe:1/3 cup sugar 1/2 c oil 1 T salt 1 1/2 cup warm water 1 cup of the Sourdough Starter 6 cups Bread Flour. Mix together and place in greased bowl. Cover and set out Overnight DO NOT refrigerate. Next morning punch
down and knead. Divide into 3 parts and place in 3 greased loaf pans. Let rise 4-5 hours..till top if tins. In oven with light on to rise. 350 degree oven 25-30 mins. (they rise and start to bake in
the oven). The Amish bring one loaf of the baked bread and the Sourdough Starter to one of
their friends. This was explained to me as Amish
Friendship Bread. Aria

P.S. you feed the Sourdough Starter again before you bake.

This reminds me of a Friendship Cake recipe that my mother had.

but many of our friends are not.
I wonder how many of them need to end up in the ER & ICU before they decide they should have gotten vaccinated. I heard on NPR yesterday about a hospital (can't recall where but one of the "low vaccination rate" states) where you better not have an accident that would require an ICU bed because they are all full of Covid cases.

So easy to avoid.

I read a prediction that the current Delta wave will peak in Sept. so we will continue to see this kind of stuff
Yep and it will continue to get worse as the unvaccinated go about their "business" with no precautions.

Whew, I just did the BYC Poultry Knowledge quiz. I'm beat!
?? I must have missed that one.

I fed my PennyJo so I can put together sourdough tonight! We went through the last loaf too fast! :gig
Easy to do!!!

I made 2 cherry pies just now
YUM :wee

I'm about to make some pancakes. What is everyone else making today?
We had French toast yesterday. Same as every other Sunday for months upon months upon months. That is what DW wants the one day she doesn't go to work.

I started a sd starter yesterday, hopefully I can keep it alive this time!
Mine seems to hibernate just fine in the refrigerator. I made bread for the freezer before picking up Gluten Free DD1 in Maine on June 30th. Made some more Saturday (she and BF went to VA Wed for a month) so the SD starter was sleeping for a month. Woke up just fine.

I also like to bake. But cookies are my downfall because they never turn out just right.
But I live alone with my small growing flock & dog.
I make home made pizza, (small ones) & freeze them. I use my left over pasta sauce, (home made) & top it with what ever, wrap & freeze.
Also I pre-bake the crust for about 8 mins, before topping.

I also like to bake. But cookies are my downfall because they never turn out just right.
I make home made pizza, (small ones) & freeze them. I use my left over pasta sauce, (home made) & top it with what ever, wrap & freeze.

Hi, thanks for joining us bakers!

Homemade pizzas are the best, we sure enjoy ours :)

Welcome to the thread! I like your idea to freeze small pizzas!

WELCOME....I like to Bake...YEAST and Sourdough Breads are my favorites. And Like YOU...I live alone.
Looking forward to your posts. Aria

Back
Top Bottom