Any Home Bakers Here?

How is everyone doing? Had a scare while driving home from the bank.

View attachment 2784690

A Mourning Dove hit my windshield while driving 65 mph. Scared the daylights out of me.

I’m lucky I didn’t crack my windshield!

Not sure what’s for dinner tonight.
Good grief would have scared any of us glad you did not wreck

but where this is being 3 quarters up my wall and only damp not moldy is a mystery too me.
Water travels the easiest path. The result of a leak is often not anyone near where where the leak actually is.

Not sure what’s for dinner tonight.
Mourning Dove? ;)

Made a batch of English Muffins this morning thinking I had only 1 in the freezer. Then I was looking for the "box" to put the cooked muffins in and found the 1 I knew about with 1 muffin in the chest freezer. Went digging again when I couldn't find the box elsewhere and found it full deeper in the freezer. Now I have 19 muffins. Plenty to last quite a while.

Sooooo..
I was cleaning the downstairs pantry this week and discovered a 50LB BAG OF FLOUR my mom bought last year during covid boredom.

I see lots of baking and bread gifting in the weeks to come :he

cinnamon raisin and honey oat loaf....

Attachments

• EEABCDB2-D0E7-43CB-93CF-65EFD4344EA4.jpeg
    EEABCDB2-D0E7-43CB-93CF-65EFD4344EA4.jpeg
    739.4 KB · Views: 3
Sooooo..
I was cleaning the downstairs pantry this week and discovered a 50LB BAG OF FLOUR my mom bought last year during covid boredom.

I see lots of baking and bread gifting in the weeks to come :he

cinnamon raisin and honey oat loaf....
I have done that so many times - I actually have a note on my shopping lits "NO WHEAT FLOUR". I have 3 of the 10 lb bags in the pantry.

@yakitori Are you willing to share your Honey Oat bread recipe. please?

I have done that so many times - I actually have a note on my shopping lits "NO WHEAT FLOUR". I have 3 of the 10 lb bags in the pantry.

@yakitori Are you willing to share your Honey Oat bread recipe. please?
But 50lbs? 🤣 It’s the cheap bleached costco flour too. *cries*

I have a home mill and ended grinding some wheat berries to add to the over-processed nutritionally deficient flour so that I can make myself feel healthier, lol.

Um... I make up recipes on the fly, so I don’t know whether it’s any good 😅

————-
Group A
350g flour
50g oats (toasted)
8g salt

Group B
264g milk
16g honey
8g brown sugar
3g yeast
4g apple cider vinegar

Group C
10g butter
50g oats (toasted)

———
I like to use steel cut oats, but rolled is fine too! I pan roast them to add a little flavor. Sometimes I also roast a little of the flour because well... I really like crust, so I want to add a bit of “crust”*Inside* the bread.😂

——
Vague instructions

1. Mix group B items well in a large mixing bowl, wait 10 minutes for yeast to proof.

2. Add Group A items, mix with hand or spatula until all the dry flour has been mixed in.

3. Cover, let sit 20 minutes

4. Warm a little butter in your hands so the dough doesn’t stick to you hands, do a couple of stretch and folds on the dough.

5. Oil the dough with a little more warmed (liquid) butter, cover and let sit another 20 minutes.

6. repeat steps 4 and 5 three times, until you get a super supple and elastic dough. (use as much butter as you need, lol)

7. Take dough out from bowl, with an oiled rolling pin, roll dough out into a rectangle the same width of your loaf pan.

8. Sprinkle the remaining 50g of oats evenly over the rolled out dough.

9. Roll up the dough and place seam down inside a large greased loaf pan. (mine is a 1.5qt glass loaf pan)

10. It’s ready to bake when dough rises 1in above rim of pan, add egg wash and sprinkle of rolled oats. you can also dust on a little flour to give it a more rustic look.

Bake...
- 10min at 410,
- then 20 min at 375F

————

I typed that up in a hurry, so I might be missing something :oops:

But 50lbs? 🤣 It’s the cheap bleached costco flour too. *cries*

I have a home mill and ended grinding some wheat berries to add to the over-processed nutritionally deficient flour so that I can make myself feel healthier, lol.

Um... I make up recipes on the fly, so I don’t know whether it’s any good 😅

————-
Group A
350g flour
50g oats (toasted)
8g salt

Group B
264g milk
16g honey
8g brown sugar
3g yeast
4g apple cider vinegar

Group C
10g butter
50g oats (toasted)

———
I like to use steel cut oats, but rolled is fine too! I pan roast them to add a little flavor. Sometimes I also roast a little of the flour because well... I really like crust, so I want to add a bit of “crust”*Inside* the bread.😂

——
Vague instructions

1. Mix group B items well in a large mixing bowl, wait 10 minutes for yeast to proof.

2. Add Group A items, mix with hand or spatula until all the dry flour has been mixed in.

3. Cover, let sit 20 minutes

4. Warm a little butter in your hands so the dough doesn’t stick to you hands, do a couple of stretch and folds on the dough.

5. Oil the dough with a little more warmed (liquid) butter, cover and let sit another 20 minutes.

6. repeat steps 4 and 5 three times, until you get a super supple and elastic dough. (use as much butter as you need, lol)

7. Take dough out from bowl, with an oiled rolling pin, roll dough out into a rectangle the same width of your loaf pan.

8. Sprinkle the remaining 50g of oats evenly over the rolled out dough.

9. Roll up the dough and place seam down inside a large greased loaf pan. (mine is a 1.5qt glass loaf pan)

10. It’s ready to bake when dough rises 1in above rim of pan, add egg wash and sprinkle of rolled oats. you can also dust on a little flour to give it a more rustic look.

Bake...
- 10min at 410,
- then 20 min at 375F

————

I typed that up in a hurry, so I might be missing something :oops:
Thanks for the recipe!

I bake bread like this too

Back
Top Bottom