Any Home Bakers Here?

While In the middle of home renovation and a coop extension I finally managed to bake a fruit crumble.

Flour oats, butter sugar for the crumble with mango apples and blackberries with cinnamon cane brown sugar and honey for the filling.

20210916_141715.jpg

For instant yeast, the process is to mix the dry ingredients just shy of the amount of flour to be used and heat the liquid to about 125F. You then mix with a spoon of flat beater for a couple of minutes. Then add the rest of the flour.

The yeast needs to be at 85F to 105F to proof so the yeas likely did not proof for you.

Let me know if you want a rapid yeast bread recipe!
I guess I do. Had put "yeast" on the grocery list and DH came home with a jar of the rapid rise (bread machine) instead of the regular yeast I've used for 40 years! I do not use cold water so I don't know what happened. :confused:

Here is today's bread. It looks okay but the flavor and interior texture is different. No worries, though, "it'll eat," as my late MIL often said! 😉

PXL_20210916_193353889.jpg

My friend and I found these while walking the dog's

View attachment 2835449

Nice.

Thank you :)
i tried to come in the other day when I made a squash lentil and veg soup. I wanted to share the recipe

You can still share the recipe.
I guess I do. Had put "yeast" on the grocery list and DH came home with a jar of the rapid rise (bread machine) instead of the regular yeast I've used for 40 years! I do not use cold water so I don't know what happened. :confused:

Here is today's bread. It looks okay but the flavor and interior texture is different. No worries, though, "it'll eat," as my late MIL often said! 😉

View attachment 2835463

They look fine to me.

View attachment 2835463
Proof the instant yeast like the regular yeas. It should bubble and get foamy after 5 to 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom