Any Home Bakers Here?

Since you apparently don't have a "Proof" setting on your oven, have you considered turning on the oven light to create an enclosed and warmer proofing area?
The method I use for cold days is to boil water in the microwave and then put the dough in the microwave to raise.

Apparently, Halloween is VERY big in the city of Dietrich where I now live. So big, that the city does a trunk or treat every year. They’re doing one on the 30th. The school has the teachers dress up. It’s a big thing around here!

I decided to join into the fun.

C1DF8DC8-1603-4685-8611-E6CD06DFCD69.png

(Vincent Price voice.) I am, Dracula. I bid you welcome.

Since you apparently don't have a "Proof" setting on your oven, have you considered turning on the oven light to create an enclosed and warmer proofing area?
Before I got my dough proofer, I used a heat pad set on low to proof bread. Plastic wrap on top of the bowl.

Bakers good morning one and all!

Have been busy for the last couple of days.

My new counter tops were delivered and installed yesterday.

Had to have a plumber to disconnect the water and garbage disposal.

I wanted him to stay to put in the new faucet and garbage disposal but they wanted $225.00 an hour that I just couldn't pay that much for waiting.

Have a great day!

Crap do not recall think big blue posted it but here goes
Jewish Apple Cake Recipe

Ingredients

5 tablespoons sugar mixed with 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon for apples

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
¼ cup orange or pineapple juice
2 ½ teaspoons vanilla
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3-4 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/2″ slices

Directions

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 10″ tube or 12 cup Bundt pan.

In a mixing bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar and add apple slices. Toss to coat. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt, then add sugar, oil, eggs, juice, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Batter will be very stiff.

Spoon a third of the batter into the bottom of the pan. The batter will be thick so once you spoon it in, give it a slight “shimmy” to create an even layer. Arrange half the sliced apples on top, then add another third of the batter, the remaining apples, and top with the last third of the batter. Use your best rubber spatula to get all the good batter from the bowl so none goes to waste! Apples won’t be completely covered.

Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Then let it cool completely.
Thanks penny :)

Bakers good morning one and all!

Have been busy for the last couple of days.

My new counter tops were delivered and installed yesterday.

Had to have a plumber to disconnect the water and garbage disposal.

I wanted him to stay to put in the new faucet and garbage disposal but they wanted $225.00 an hour that I just couldn't pay that much for waiting.

Have a great day!
They don't want a lot do they :fl

Sorry you are getting people wanting so much. I hope you can recycle :)

Back
Top Bottom