Any Home Bakers Here?

Well, poo. Tracking says my proofing box is ā€œon its wayā€ after being loaded on the truck at the nearby distribution center this morning, but it hasnā€™t changed to ā€œout for delivery.ā€ They have until 9 p.m., but I rather suspect it isnā€™t going to happen today.

I doubt Iā€™ll see it until Monday. As a consolation prize, I did get a visit from a small herd of mulies at sunset: adult female, juvenile, and three subadults. It was fun watching them (since they werenā€™t eating my garden, but thatā€™s because thereā€™s nothing in it).
Well shucks, guess I have to stay the weekend :)

so I had to thicken the gravy with flour. Which means no gravy for me.
Are you THAT intolerant? There is only a tablespoon or 2 of flour in the gravy.

Mix and let sit covered for 12 to 20 hours. Bake in a preheated cast iron dutch oven
No kneading, no "stretch and pull", just let it sit then bake it???
That sounds too easy but I could screw it up and get a flat loaf.

Family Heirloom passed to me. Itā€™s amazing, the last person to play this was my great grandfather.
Very very nice! Does such a device need maintenance/tuning and is it even possible to find someone to do it?

Well shucks, guess I have to stay the weekend :)
Absolutely!

I received a text that it was delivered at 6:30 p.m. Thatā€™s great! Except it wasnā€™t delivered to my house.

I contacted the delivery company immediately and finally reached a live human after being cut off by the automated phone system three times. The live human could only send a message to the local distribution center and have them call me.

They did. At 8:45 p.m. To tell me the driver had already gone home, but would be questioned Saturday morning. Although, they wouldnā€™t attempt package retrieval until Monday. In the meantime, Iā€™m supposed to report to the sender that the package didnā€™t arrive. I worked hard to stop myself from getting snappy about the stupidity of that idea, since they werenā€™t responsible for losing the package.

This is the second time Iā€™ve ordered stuff that was delivered somewhere else. Itā€™s also why I hate ordering from places that donā€™t deliver to PO boxes. Say what you will about the postal service, but Iā€™ve not had them lose my mail like this.

This is the second time Iā€™ve ordered stuff that was delivered somewhere else. Itā€™s also why I hate ordering from places that donā€™t deliver to PO boxes. Say what you will about the postal service, but Iā€™ve not had them lose my mail like this.
I have had the USPS lose both incoming and outgoing mail on a far too regular basis.

I have had the USPS lose both incoming and outgoing mail on a far too regular basis.
Our experiences are either from differences in post office staff or incredible luck.

What burns me up is the delivery companies - two different ones - are all sympathy and apology, but donā€™t move very fast to correct their mistake. First one took nearly a week to get two misdirected packages to me. If I knew where the package had been left, I would go introduce myself and retrieve it myself.

Part of my frustration is disappointment about getting my starter going and baking a fresh yeast loaf. šŸ˜–

What burns me up is the delivery companies - two different ones - are all sympathy and apology, but donā€™t move very fast to correct their mistake. First one took nearly a week to get two misdirected packages to me. If I knew where the package had been left, I would go introduce myself and retrieve it myself.
We frequently have "A UPS/FED EX package I was supposed to get, and tracking said it was delivered only I didn't get it" posts on our Front Porch Forum (*). I don't know if people ever get them since I don't see any posts back saying "it was delivered to my house" or "thanks to the person who emailed me that they have my package".

* Vermont thing? Town by town "social media" where your name and street are on anything you post.

Back
Top Bottom