Any Home Bakers Here?

We have a public forum in our daily paper where people will say thank you when someone does something for them like this that was done for you.
UPS driver called on Tuesday. He remembered exactly where he left it — at my next-door neighbor’s. He knew where I was and could only apologize for his mistake. Very nice guy; hard to get mad at a human the way I can at a machine.

I let him know the neighbor had dropped it off. I’ll thank them when I see them next.

My neighbor warned me that "you will find any thin spots in your oven mitts when you use a Dutch oven to bake sourdough at 450!" That's why I got the gloves. I already KNOW my mitts have thin spots. :hmm
Got the most incredible burn/blister on the meaty part of my hand below the thumb from cast iron. The skillet handle slipped out from under the potholder as I was crossing the kitchen with it. My options were: drop the hot skillet on the cat under my feet or get it to the counter as quickly as possible.

The cat survived.

I am so sorry Lidocain will solve the heal with coloidal silver used for a few days.
No biggie. It happened several years ago. Now, it is merely one of those life lessons that gets burned into one’s memory. Literally, in this particular case.

On a happier note, here is today’s experiment: pie crust. I did a single crust and used it to make “pocket pies.”

Filling is from apples I was blessed with last year and canned into pie filling. I’ve been planning to learn pie crusts for a while. 😊

08B96353-1200-4CB7-9EC7-EDDABE41DD41.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom