Any Home Bakers Here?

No baking today. I made stew and suet dumplings for dinner.
Dutch Oven is getting some use!
IMG_20220116_195809.jpg
IMG_20220116_200256.jpg

Two loaves of Sourdough Multigrain Seeded Bread
Cooling. Ron, I placed the fed sourdough (following your measurements) and I decided to place a paper plate under. WOW in the morning the two containers.....the sourdough had gone over the top and dripped on the paper plate. FANTASTIC..STRONG POWERFUL. Made the BEST loaves.
The looks like very good bread!

I need to get a batch of starter activated. I am making no kneed bread over night.

I did way too much baking this week. Garlic bread, coffe coffee cake, mini BlackBerry pies, cheddar biscuits and 2 dozen cupcakes.
I baked almond pastry and loaf bread yesterday. Today I am baking sweet French bread and brownies. Tomorrow will be sourdough no knead bread. Tomorrow is a day off!

Sorry I disappeared from this thread for so long. Life’s been pretty crazy with school, work, illness and all our crazy animals. Planning on making a loaf of Pullman bread tomorrow though. It’s supposed to be a rare snow day here so I won’t have much else to do.
Welcome back!

@ronott1 I wanted to show you something that I think will catch your interest.

View attachment 2962742

This is the sourdough starter you sent me.

View attachment 2962745

This is that same starter at 400x magnification. The yeast is clearly visible. I think the gray area around the yeast is lactic acid bacteria.

I’m going to try to make some sourdough tonight.
Thanks for posting the picture!

Back
Top Bottom