Any Home Bakers Here?

https://honest-food.net/how-to-make-caviar/

Just did this recipe.

image.jpg

It actually tastes pretty good! I brined for 5-6 minutes.

Okay, starter went into high gear. Right now I’ve got my dough (made with half bread flour and half dark rye) starting its overnight proof. Man, that dough smelled yummy!! Trying a new recipe off the Breadtopia site and it called for anise seed, caraway seeds, fennel seeds, molasses, and the zest of one orange. Dough is a little funky - wetter than I’m used to working with, but I’m excited to get it shaped and baked tomorrow!

I cannot smell it...But it looks SUPER. Nice Rise.
ENJOY. Aria
Thanks! I was pretty pleased with the oven spring. This one was made with the ‘no discard’ rye starter so I’m thinking that rather than waste so much flour feeding Lazy Joe once or twice a day, I’ll just stick with this one. All I do is leave the scrapings in the jug and refrigerate it. When I want to use it, I get it out and if the recipe says 100 grams of starter I just have to put in 50 grams of water and 50 grams of water, stir it up, and let it work it’s magic. After I take out my 100 grams, the practically empty jug with the scrapings goes back in the fridge for next time.

Back
Top Bottom