Any Home Bakers Here?

Hello, bakers! I lost this thread for a while and haven't been baking. Had to get a new stove, the old one died. New one has (drum roll, please!) BREAD PROOFING SETTING! :celebrate:weeSo I made bread today. It came out GREAT, I'm so happy with it. Three of the loaves overproofed a bit. I forgot it takes 10-15 minutes to preheat the oven, so I should have stopped the proofing process sooner. I'll remember that next time!

But for taste and texture, this is the best yeast bread I've made since coming to Missouri!

20220503_175129.jpg

I baked Betsy Bread. (recipe in index),, And as common for me,, I like to experiment. I doubled the recipe quantity, and made 3 small loaves.
Things I did differently,,,, I dusted the buttered pan with Farina. ( My usual dusting for bottom is cornmeal) Once breads finished second rise, and were ready for oven,, I sprayed tops generously with Butter from spray can. (my usual treatment for tops is egg wash)
I baked uncovered in bread pans,, @350°F for 30 minutes. The tops looked nice and browned,, so I took thermometer, and internal temp was 205°F
End of story,,,,,,, of course not,, waited 10 minutes,, and sliced:drool:drool:drool
IMG_20220501_172217_1.jpg

Hello, bakers! I lost this thread for a while and haven't been baking. Had to get a new stove, the old one died. New one has (drum roll, please!) BREAD PROOFING SETTING! :celebrate:weeSo I made bread today. It came out GREAT, I'm so happy with it. Three of the loaves overproofed a bit. I forgot it takes 10-15 minutes to preheat the oven, so I should have stopped the proofing process sooner. I'll remember that next time!

But for taste and texture, this is the best yeast bread I've made since coming to Missouri!

View attachment 3091495
Oh my goodness, those are gorgeous!! 😍
Congrats on the new stove too.
I baked Betsy Bread. (recipe in index),, And as common for me,, I like to experiment. I doubled the recipe quantity, and made 3 small loaves.
Things I did differently,,,, I dusted the buttered pan with Farina. ( My usual dusting for bottom is cornmeal) Once breads finished second rise, and were ready for oven,, I sprayed tops generously with Butter from spray can. (my usual treatment for tops is egg wash)
I baked uncovered in bread pans,, @350°F for 30 minutes. The tops looked nice and browned,, so I took thermometer, and internal temp was 205°F
End of story,,,,,,, of course not,, waited 10 minutes,, and sliced:drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3091512
:drool

Difficult for me to view...Please confirm this is Betsy bread one loaf:
1 cup water 1 3/4 tsp yeast 2 T sugar 2 2/3 cup flour 1 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup oatmeal 2 teaspoons potato flakes 1/4 cup EVOO 1 T honey Bake 350 degree oven 30 minutes. (double recipe and makes 3 loaves) Thanks you.

They are lovely..I bake bread myself. I don't buy it. It's cheaper to make a good loaf then buy a somewhat good loaf. I'm so envious you have a proofing feature..lol 😁

View attachment 3091495

Ooooh I like oatmeal in bread..
Difficult for me to view...Please confirm this is Betsy bread one loaf:
1 cup water 1 3/4 tsp yeast 2 T sugar 2 2/3 cup flour 1 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup oatmeal 2 teaspoons potato flakes 1/4 cup EVOO 1 T honey Bake 350 degree oven 30 minutes. (double recipe and makes 3 loaves) Thanks you.

Back
Top Bottom