Any Home Bakers Here?

@Ron Debby and everyone in here that made me feel so welcome when I first arrived in BYC.

I don't know if you knew or realised I was a dreadfully hurt person at that time due to horrific ongoing incidents I went through over the span of 14 years. Thanks too a lot of people in a few threads, I honestly feel certain people really helped me tremendously and I'm totally over it now. I just want to say thank you for everything.

Every time I was supported with my baking and being allowed share gave me a sense of belonging and a feeling of being included. This all helped me to heal. You are all amazing, even @BullChick :tongue

THANK YOU ALL!

A prankster put oregano on the brownies while they were baking. It’s not too bad. :lol:
6297AC32-6727-420B-A0D1-8CB769424DF9.jpeg

Your recipes look good, especially the focaccia! That's the kind of thing the 2 of us really go for
smile.png

I got my cinnamon roll recipe from King Arthur's website, I've tried several different recipes but this one makes the rolls we like best. Since you have a stand mixer (that's what I use too), I'm just going to copy/paste the directions on here:

Cinna-Buns from KAF
Dough

1 cup (8 ounces) lukewarm milk
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup (2 5/8 ounces) unsalted butter, cut up
4 1/2 cups (19 1/2 ounces) All-Purpose Flour
1 3/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast

Filling
1/3 cup (2 5/8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (7 1/4 ounces) brown sugar, packed
3 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) ground cinnamon

Icing
one 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup (2 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) glazing or confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Manual/Mixer Method: Combine all of the dough ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring till the mixture becomes cohesive. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled work surface, and knead it for 5 to 8 minutes, till it’s smooth. Or knead it in an electric mixer, using the dough hook, for 4 to 7 minutes at medium speed. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turn to grease all sides, cover the bowl with a proof cover or plastic wrap, and let it rise for 60 minutes, till it’s nearly doubled in bulk.
My note: I use the mixer for kneading, the oiled surface kneading is messy!

Assembly: Transfer the dough to a lightly greased work surface, and roll it into a 16 x 21-inch rectangle. Spread the dough with the 1/3 cup butter. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle it evenly over the dough.
My note: Rolling the dough on a greased surface was a mess for me, I do mine on a lightly floured surface

Starting with a short end, roll the dough into a log, and cut it into 12 slices. Place the buns in a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Cover the pan with a proof cover or plastic wrap, and let the buns rise until they’re nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.

Bake the buns in a preheated 400°F oven until they’re golden brown, about 15 minutes. While the buns are baking, make the icing.

Icing: In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla. Spread the icing on the buns while they’re warm. Yield: 12 big buns.
I make this recipe but i use bread flour!

So pleased I found my way back :D

Hello everyone :frow

I baked a different coffee and banana cake today

One mug (large cup) of self raising flour
Half a mug of sugar (naughty)
Half a mug of olive oil
1 tablespoon of coffee
3 medium bananas
A dash of sweeter (algave)
quarter mug of yogurt
Quarter mug of filtered water
A small amount of dark chocolate

Put it in the oven on gas mark 7
Walk the dog have a coffee on return then lock the chickens in and it's done :D

I forgot too add an egg but it looks fine and tastes yummy

The mix
View attachment 3126025

Final result
View attachment 3126023
That looks so yummy! :drool

So pleased I found my way back :D

Hello everyone :frow

I baked a different coffee and banana cake today

One mug (large cup) of self raising flour
Half a mug of sugar (naughty)
Half a mug of olive oil
1 tablespoon of coffee
3 medium bananas
A dash of sweeter (algave)
quarter mug of yogurt
Quarter mug of filtered water
A small amount of dark chocolate

Put it in the oven on gas mark 7
Walk the dog have a coffee on return then lock the chickens in and it's done :D

I forgot too add an egg but it looks fine and tastes yummy

The mix
View attachment 3126025

Final result
View attachment 3126023
Thanks for the recipe!

@Ron Debby and everyone in here that made me feel so welcome when I first arrived in BYC.

I don't know if you knew or realised I was a dreadfully hurt person at that time due to horrific ongoing incidents I went through over the span of 14 years. Thanks too a lot of people in a few threads, I honestly feel certain people really helped me tremendously and I'm totally over it now. I just want to say thank you for everything.

Every time I was supported with my baking and being allowed share gave me a sense of belonging and a feeling of being included. This all helped me to heal. You are all amazing, even @BullChick :tongue

THANK YOU ALL!
I am happy that you are doing better!

THANK YOU ALL!
Good to see you back

Back
Top Bottom