Any Home Bakers Here?

Late to the discussion, but I have the large Kitchen Aide mixer that lifts the bowl up to the beater, the head is fixed. It is about 16 1/2" tall. I really like it - it is more powerful that the 5 quart one that I had. Which I gave to my sister who really loves it. The older one is over 20 years and still working great - they make bread a lot with it.
I have that one with the fixed head also. My mom had the artisan style and when kneading bread it jammed the bowl on so tight I couldn’t get it off.

I love King Author products. I love to bake also. I get pleasure out of making yeast breads the most but love baking cheese stuffed bread and poppy seed bread ( Makowiec ). I would love to share recipes and ideas.
I have some new ideas on making Poppy seed cake. . Every time I made the roll, there would be a large cavity forming between the top layer, and the rest of the cake. Brainstormed an IDEA on my own to make the cake from vertical portions. Stay watching this thread,,, and you will see my creation soon. I need to test drive it first,, before I mainline it for the Holidays.
BTW,,,, I answered your other thread :frow

New unexpected kitchen goodies! My stand mixer is an ancient (1970's) Sunbeam hand-me-down and it's seen better days. I mentioned to my Mom a couple weeks ago when she was up visiting that I've been eyeing a new stand mixer and she ordered one for us. Time to get our bake on!
View attachment 3341677
Does it mix bread dough as well? It looks a beauty

Back
Top Bottom