Any Home Bakers Here?

Why?

Why?

Really curious as to why the difference? I have found myself thinking about getting some silicone bake ware items. I don't have any, so I'm going to hold off to hear what you hate about them. :caf
First, because it’s just rubber, you need to put it on a metal pan to keep it sturdy while moving it. While it is in the oven, silicone has the ability to tip if a corner of the pan, or muffin/donut cup, is right at a grate hole. By tip, I mean that side lowers. It’s only individual muffin cups that would actually fall over. The broken donut in the pink pan crumbled because the pan twisted as I was removing it from the oven.
The silicone pans (not the mats, I admit) also seem to make the food stick. I don’t have that with metal pans.
When cleaning, I have never gotten my silicone bakeware to come clean with one or two wipes. I wipe, soak, wipe, change the water, soak, wipe, wipe, wipe… it takes too much.
The benefits of silicone are that it doesn’t hurt to drop on your foot, and it’s easy to shove in a drawer.

First, because it’s just rubber, you need to put it on a metal pan to keep it sturdy while moving it. While it is in the oven, silicone has the ability to tip if a corner of the pan, or muffin/donut cup, is right at a grate hole. By tip, I mean that side lowers. It’s only individual muffin cups that would actually fall over. The broken donut in the pink pan crumbled because the pan twisted as I was removing it from the oven.
The silicone pans (not the mats, I admit) also seem to make the food stick. I don’t have that with metal pans.
When cleaning, I have never gotten my silicone bakeware to come clean with one or two wipes. I wipe, soak, wipe, change the water, soak, wipe, wipe, wipe… it takes too much.
The benefits of silicone are that it doesn’t hurt to drop on your foot, and it’s easy to shove in a drawer.
At high enough heat silicone gives off toxic fumes.

Made a batch of personal pizzas. It's kind of cheating,,,, because the crust is pita bread. We usually have on hand when making Super Tacos:drool:drool:drool
These 6 inch pizzas are topped with mushrooms, and diced red onion on top of cheese. Used Marinara as base sauce.
IMG_20230325_195139509.jpg

Back
Top Bottom