Any Home Bakers Here?

Thank you! I build furniture and paint and dabble in photography, and Chickens now. Lol it’s a lot less stressful!

I agree. I have several hobbies, hunting, fishing, gardening, a lot. I have to agree that chickens are less stressful.

I’m actually working on planning out my coop that I need to build.

I baked a frittata today. I got my first harvest out of the garden -- Egyptian Walking Onions to use in it. I've never gotten anything from the garden this early! Usually my first "harvest" is lamb's quarter, ie weeds.

Of course, I had to try the frittata, and yes, it was delicious!
We had a frittata the other night, too. Delicious! Tonight I did barbecued chicken thighs in the oven. Came out great.

I already posted recipe for the dough previously, so will skip that. BTW.. it is Baking powder raised,,, so no need for rise times.
Posting Play by Play so idea can be implemented in your baking.:thumbsup
Second reason,, TO WAKE UP YOUR TASTE BUDS.:drool :drool:drool:old :gig:lau

Apple slices.
View attachment 3447207
Blueberries. (Fresh) I dropped on top,, and then I drowned them , so not on surface.
View attachment 3447208
Same with apple slices, Drowned by just pushing down with my finger.
View attachment 3447209
This is my streusel, I make a large batch, and save extra for next bake.
View attachment 3447210
Sprinkled with streusel and ready for oven. Baked @ 350°F for 50 minutes. Toothpick came out dry.
View attachment 3447211
Out of oven nicely tanned :thumbsup
View attachment 3447212
Cooling rack. I like to line my pans with parchment,,, for easy extraction. :old
View attachment 3447213
Still warm,,,,:drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3447214
Still warm,:drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3447215
Notes;
Same dough but 2 different fruit fillings.
I used the round pans that are somewhat shallower than bread loaf pans. That is reason for the shorter bake time. Original recipe stated 60 to 70 minute bake time. I checked at 50 minutes,,, and cakes were done. :old:highfive:
YOU are a SUPER BAKER and LIKE your Photos. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom