Any Home Bakers Here?

A couple were updated while I was composing my post. See how the Shadrach and The Old Folks Home thread titles are in bold?
Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 1.44.39 PM.png

thank you....don't know why this keeps happening. DARN. Hope I stay on
this time. I have a file in my Bookmarks that I can click....sent from our
friend in Vermont....if I do have another problem.Penny Jo ...I just put
your home page in Bookmarks. WOW...what a trip. Aria
It happens because you miss an alert for the thread. It will not send a new alert until you get caught up on the thread.

Most of us have emails turned off intentionally. I check my alerts or my watched threads or watched forums.

Got a quick question for you all. I’m talking to my Turkish Penpal by text, and he is wondering about American food.

I don’t know how to explain American cuisine to him. I know it is a mix of other cultures cuisines sometimes, like Chinese American, for example.

Can someone help me figure out how to explain to him American cuisine?

@jnicholes, That's a difficult question.

When I think of "American" food, I think of meat and vegetables, but heavier on the meat than some other cultures. Like "steak and potatoes, with a salad." Or hamburger and fries; a meal centered around meat, and many other cuisines use meat as an accent, or flavoring compound.

Which makes us sound rich and arrogant, doesn't it?

Maybe a better way to explain would be to tell him about a special traditional holiday meal, like Thanksgiving, and tell him how you would prepare it. Or compare a typical day's food to his, meal by meal.

Back
Top Bottom